What's new

PS3 - any shooter games using keyboard and mouse? (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
We purchased an 80GB PS3 a couple of months ago and have been absolutely delighted with it. We've done a lot of racing games (got a Logitech wheel and pedals) and sports games but not FPS's. I've tried FPS's on the Xbox but can't seem to get my thumbs to do what my brain tells them to do. So using a controller in a FPS just isn't for me.

I thought I read somewhere that the PS3 can use a USB keyboard and mouse. I've been gaming with a keyboard and mouse for a long time so this seems like a logical next purchase. However I'm not sure if there are any PS3 FPS type games that allow for the use of a keyboard and mouse. Anyone know of any games?

Thanks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I think the earlier ones don't, but I'm not sure. I would guess that Unreal lets you use a keyboard and mouse, but again I don't know for certain.

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator
Unreal Tournament 3 is the only PS3 games that allows the use of keyboard and mouse as far as I know.

tysonschneider

Auditioning
Real Name
Tyson Schneider
This is the most compelling reason for me to purchase the PS3. Second, is the free multi-player internet play. (I wont pay for xbox live!) Third, blu-ray player.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Darn. I was hoping there might be more support. Oh well. I rented Ratchet and Clank the other day and am having a ball with it. It's kind of a "training aid" for my thumbs for when I get to Call of Duty 4.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
You could also try Stranglehold or Uncharted for practice. They're 3rd-person games, but the controls are basically the same as in 1st-person shooters. The 3rd-person perspective might help you get used to the controls.

And they're fun games! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks