1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 - any shooter games using keyboard and mouse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shawn Shultzaberger, Mar 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Well-Known Member

We purchased an 80GB PS3 a couple of months ago and have been absolutely delighted with it. We've done a lot of racing games (got a Logitech wheel and pedals) and sports games but not FPS's. I've tried FPS's on the Xbox but can't seem to get my thumbs to do what my brain tells them to do. So using a controller in a FPS just isn't for me.

I thought I read somewhere that the PS3 can use a USB keyboard and mouse. I've been gaming with a keyboard and mouse for a long time so this seems like a logical next purchase. However I'm not sure if there are any PS3 FPS type games that allow for the use of a keyboard and mouse. Anyone know of any games?

Thanks.

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    I think the earlier ones don't, but I'm not sure. I would guess that Unreal lets you use a keyboard and mouse, but again I don't know for certain.

3. Fredster

Fredster Well-Known Member

Unreal Tournament 3 is the only PS3 games that allows the use of keyboard and mouse as far as I know.

4. tysonschneider

This is the most compelling reason for me to purchase the PS3. Second, is the free multi-player internet play. (I wont pay for xbox live!) Third, blu-ray player.

5. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Well-Known Member

Darn. I was hoping there might be more support. Oh well. I rented Ratchet and Clank the other day and am having a ball with it. It's kind of a "training aid" for my thumbs for when I get to Call of Duty 4.

6. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    You could also try Stranglehold or Uncharted for practice. They're 3rd-person games, but the controls are basically the same as in 1st-person shooters. The 3rd-person perspective might help you get used to the controls.

And they're fun games! [​IMG]