What's new

PS3 and HD Player VS. Samsung Combo Player (1 Viewer)

Beery

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian Cooper
Can anyone actually answer the question this thread was created for?

It's really simple - how do the PS3 and standalone HD-DVD players stack up against the Samsung BD-UP5000 as a BD player? I really don't care how bad Samsung or Sony are as companies. Nor do I need a run-down on what audio is best out of all the audio types available. Nor do I need to know the drawbacks of either system alone - that is not a comparison. These things are completely beside the point. All this thread should be about is which plays Blu-Ray discs best, Samsung 5000 or PS3, and which play HD-DVDs best, a standalone HD-DVD player or the Samsung 5000 - that's what I was hoping to find out when I saw the thread title, but apparently everyone seems more interested in trashing Sony or Samsung and rambling on about irrelevancies.

spider

Auditioning
Real Name
Ronny Spaida
Since i have just the PS3, i can tell you it works great. And i don't think there will be much difference in the pic or sound quality compare to the combo player from samsung, that's mostly depence on the equiment, screen and reciever. If you like gaming go with the PS3 and enjoy BD movies. Wait a little and see if HD is worth it in the future.

/Ronny

millionairewes

Auditioning
Real Name
Wesley Pinedo

Ronny,
Make sure you're connected to your receiver via HDMI. Also your receiver must be able to decode Dolby TrueHD. First go to PS3 settings-sound settings-audio output settings-HDMI-Automatic-enter. Then you have to go to settings-BD/DVD settings-BD/DVD Audio output Format(HDMI)-Bitstream. The bitstream setting lets the Receiver process the sound. Enjoy.....remember right now that I know of...Rush Hour 3, is the only Blu-Ray movie with DOlby TrueHD 7.1....Also remember that TrueHD can be 5.1...The movie must say Dolby TrueHD 7.1 and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 sounds better than Dolby 5.1....And PS3 is DOlby TrueHD 5.1 sound

warren whit

Agent

lol, thank you for this, for some reason the forum didn't email me with notifications of people replying so i figured the thread got burried over the holidays. Logged in today and to my suprise 22 replies hehe.

Unfortunately mostly opinions on stuff and not any real definate answers. I think millionairewes was informative though and i thank him for that. Lets try to get back on subject :) Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks