What's new

PS2 to receiver hook up question (1 Viewer)

TonyNoles

Grip
Hello. I want to hook up my PS2 to my Sony receiver (S50ES) using an optical cable. On the back of my receiver it has an optical out for a md/dat and optical out for a tv/sat. Can someone tell me which one I need to plug in to? Thanks for any help.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, you can't plug it into an OUTPUT (MD/DAT) and expect to get sound, but if the TV/SAT is an input, that is the one you will want to use. Does it say "output" on both of them?

Sebastian

Second Unit
Don't forget to change the system config on your PS2. I think you press select and then look for audio options. Makes ure your optical output is set to on and you turn on dolby digital and DTS if your reciever supports DD and DTS.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sorry, I meant do they both say "input" on them. Since they do, you're in luck. As Augstin said, since they are both inputs, it doesn't matter which one.

To turn on DTS, you have to put in a DVD movie, otherwise the option to turn on DTS in the PS2s menu is not available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks