What's new

PS2 Component Video (Monster Cable) (1 Viewer)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Hi!,
Monster Cable makes a Component Video cable for the PS2. It includes the exclusive connector to the PS2 and then branches out the 3 cables required for Component.
I do not see any Audio connectors though. How would one connect the Audio if you were not going to use the optical option for a receiver but instead connect it directly to a TV.?
Thanks,
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hey, you know I never thought about that, you raise a good point.
I am going to get the monster component cables, and thankfully I have an extra optical input on my receiver.
But for people that don't have an extra optical input, or for people that don't have a DD/DTS receiver they are pretty much shit outta luck.
Andrew

Peter_A

Second Unit
The only thing to do is get a non-Monster brand component cable. I used one that had audio RCA connectors on it before my Monster version arrived.
------------------
Peter

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
The Monster Component does not have Audio RCA's so it can not be used without a system connected to a receiver and digital cables.
The Monster S-Video cables do come with the two Audio RCA's included in the bundle as well as the composite set.
The reason I asked the question in the first place was since I just bought a Toshiba 24" Flatscreen FST Pure TV for the sole purpose as a monitor for the PS2..The new Toshiba has Component inputs which I wanted to use for video quality.
frown.gif

------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated new pictures
due to recent upgrades!
**Equipment list current

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Andy, what optical slot do you use from your receiver? I have mine going to the "CD" option since I do not have a CD player hooked up to my receiver. Are there other options?

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of the PS2 cables... I saw a post a while back about the Acoustic Research/Interact S-Video and Component cables which were much cheaper than Monster and looked just as nice.
Now I searched everywhere for these bad boys, but I could not find the S-Video cable package!!! Has anybody out there recently seen them being sol on-line somewhere? I've tried Accessories4less, but had no luck...I'm stumped.
Thanks, for any info,
Chris

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Andy, what optical slot do you use from your receiver? I have mine going to the "CD" option since I do not have a CD player hooked up to my receiver. Are there other options?
I'm a little confused by this question. If you have your PS2 connected to your receivers optical input already, I don't really understand what exactly you are asking.
Maybe you could clarify a little?
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks