1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

PS2 Component Cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave F, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Dave F

Dave F Well-Known Member

Is there any real difference in video quality between the Sony component cables and the A-R component cables? I'm leaning towards the Sony ones, just because I can hop in the car and go buy them, whereas I have to order online & wait for the A-R's. The price difference is only a few bucks, so I'm not worried about that. Is there anything that should push me away from the Sony cables?
    Thanks,
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List

2. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Well-Known Member

hehe I hope your not trying to start a cable war [​IMG]
    I have seen both in action on the same 55" display (my TV), didn't see a difference.
    Dean

3. Camp

Camp Well-Known Member

Yea, you can really only expect a subjective answer to this question. It all depends upon whether you think quality cables make a difference.
    Personally, I do not. I use the Sony component cables after trying the $25 more expensive Monster brand.
    No difference to my eyes.

4. Dave F

Dave F Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I tend to think that cables can make a huge difference, but laziness is a big factor. [​IMG] I'll go get the Sony cables this week.
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List

5. David Akers

David Akers Member

6. ChrisV

ChrisV Well-Known Member

Yes, the difference is quite large

7. Dave F

Dave F Well-Known Member

Composite really stinks, but S-Video and component look pretty similar to my eyes.
    -Dave
    ------------------
    DVD List
    "The page you are looking for is here no more. Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

8. Greg O' Connel

Greg O' Connel Well-Known Member

My only advice is to stay away from Monster Cables, at least for PS2. I had to take two defective ones back. I finally gave up and just bought the Sony brand. The Monster cables would only display the picture in black and white, and the connections on both ends (to the TV and PS2) were defective. The TV connectors were way too tight (they literally had to be jerked out of the jacks), and the PS2 connector was too loose (barely touch it and the picture distorts).
    ------------------
    [​IMG] "Columbia House - we were built to irritate America - one person at a time!" [​IMG]

9. Rich Allen

Rich Allen Well-Known Member

Rich Allen
    If you hunt arround enough, you can easily find cables at least as good as Monster for less money.