What's new

Proof that J6P has entered the realm of Hi-Def (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

Your write. Their is no reason for sum of the attitudes hear. :)

Heck, I'm no elitist. I don't even own a cell phone.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Rob, I think you are taking the posts in this thread way to serious. Most of the posters are just having some fun and most have tongue firmly planted in their cheek.

But I am taken a little aback with your comment on grammar. One can not draw any conclusion of a poster's English skills from a post on a forum. I am not sure about you, but I do not read a post as I am typing, so I find myself going back and editing many of my posts after the fact. Sometimes days after, to correct typos. These are not grammatical errors, just a temporary break of the link between the brain and the fingers. I am sure I am not the only one who does this.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
"of the that..."

pointing out the poor grammar of others while using poor grammar yourself...?

priceless...

Actually, one of the mission statements here at HTF (unlike AVS) is to support the OAR for home video presentations so it's not THAT elitist to just watch the films correctly...
ONLY drinking a certain brand of Chardonnay while we visit the Corinthian Yacht club in Marblehead (not a bad place, actually...) might be somewhat elitist...

;)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd

Exactly. We've been pro-OAR here at HTF since the introduction of DVD back in the 90's.

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
Thomas - you are driving me crazy with these grammatical errors. You're just taking me out of this whole experience. Can not?

THAT IS ONE GOSH DARN WORD, THOMAS! Cannot! Say it with me now. CANNOT. :)

Cheers,

Jason

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

and thank the Slayer for that! Over at AVS they finally just made stickies in all the forums explaining OAR and yet still threads pop up repeatedly with people bitching about black bars on the new HD formats.
Where were they when DVD was getting big? "Black bars" are hardly a new phenomena...

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Another example of that brain to finger disco neck.:) (Sorry, should have been disconnected) Wait, add a it before should, no that should be add an it before should. Let me see if I remember right, i before e except after c. No, uppercase the I and put a comma after the e. Oh shit. I give up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's sorta what I was talking about last page when I said that alot of people getting into HD and don't like the bars are people who just want a new high tech toy and don't care about 'art'. They just want the newest toy to play with. I've never considered myself an elitist but if that makes me an elitist, so be it.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Egads your rite! ;)

In all seriousness this is why I don't understand why some think getting Walmart involved as a driving force in HD/BD is a good thing. These are the types of customers that'll be determining if we get films in OAR or if the studios will aim to please and modify everything to fill up their widecsreen tee-vee.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Seeing that thread made me realize that it's time to bring back my old signature from the 90's.

Dan M

Second Unit
I too have read some posts over at AVS actually supporting cropped versions of super 35 films to fill their 16x9 screens.

The import HD DVD of Enemy At The Gates comes to mind

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

That about sums it up...

I don't want to bash AVS, but there are definitely reasons why I am not a member there...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That argument never made much sense to me because there isn't a proliferation of SD titles that are only in pan and scan. The people that buy pan and scan SD DVDs haven't led to pan and scan only titles, why would the studios suddenly do a 180 with HD titles?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Dude, lighten up. If you can't make fun of people who don't know the difference between OAR and that thing you use to row a boat who can you make fun of? :D

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Since the grammar thing has been brought up in this thread, something that really bothers me is when some folks use "of" where they should be using " 've "

"could have" = "could've" not "could of"

And that's not even a spelling or typing error, it just isn't English. :) I see that so much it scares me. And it's even done by people with 138 IQs. ;)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, that one always makes me wonder if the people who use it ever think about the meaning of the words they use. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks