What's new

Prometheus 2 begins filming in the fall (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
And does it have to be $200 million? I'm sure Ridley can do a pretty good job with less money.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think it's more of the franchise needing a sequel more than a result of Prometheus' box office performance which was good though certainly not great. If you go by the 3x rule it made less than 20 million profit. I loved it so it's good news to me a sequel is in the works.

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I wouldn't be surprised if Fox insisted on PG-13 this time around, with an unrated cut on BD. We were supposed to get an extended cut of the original too. I'd be very interested to see that.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Stephen Brooks said:
We were supposed to get an extended cut of the original too. I'd be very interested to see that.
All of the scenes that would have been included in an extended cut were included on the Blu-ray -- about 30 minutes of deleted scenes. I read somewhere that Ridley Scott changed his mind about doing an extended cut as he felt the theatrical version was his "director's cut". I really enjoyed Prometheus as is, but I think at least some of those scenes would have added to the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks