1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Projector without HD support, but with SXGA (1280 × 1024) resolution, is 720p possible?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by challisd, Mar 20, 2011.

1. challisd

challisd New Member

Hi all,

I was somewhat mislead when buying a projector, and it turns out it doesn't have HD support though it does have component connections. When I connect the cable box to the projector through component cables and try to use 720p (or even 480p) the picture gets all corrupted. However what I've seen (http://www.3xlogic.com/faq-what-difference-between-4cif-sxga-1080i-etc) indicates that this is higher resolution than 720p, so it seems like it should be possible to get it to work. My current idea is to use a component to VGA converter since my computers seem to work fine at high resolution on it. Do I just need a simple port adapter ($2) or do I need a special converter box ($60) to make this work. Please let me know if you can think of any other good solutions or if you think this is a hopeless cause.

Thanks!

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    What projector is it?

3. challisd

challisd New Member

sorry meant to include that.

Sanyo PLC-EF10N

4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    I sure hope you didn't pay much for that. It came out in Oct. 1999, according to Projectorcentral.com. They don't even list the inputs it has. I can't help you, I know nothing about computers.

5. challisd

challisd New Member

It's got S-Video, component, composite and VGA connections. Anyone know if my idea of using a component to VGA adapter would work?

6. Doug_H

Doug_H Well-Known Member

I tried component to VGA adapters in the past without any luck. The PJ should be able to handle 720p via component but the results will depend on the scaler it has.