What's new

Projector table vs ceiling mount (1 Viewer)

Eric Bass

Second Unit
I'm currently trying to decide whether my projector is going to rest on a table in the middle of the room, or whether ot ceiling mount it. Due to my room setup (heat duct along the ceiling) it would be much more convenient to keep in on the floor. I'd be curious to hear what solutions others have used. What sort of tables or other furniture are used for projectors, what height, what methods have been used to ensure the safety of the projector (I have this fear of someone knocking it on the floor if it is resting on a table, etc.
Currently I have my pj resting on a bookshelf behind the couch which gives enough height for it to clear the couch even if someone is sitting at it.

Overall I'm curious what other people have explored as far as where and how to place their projectors in a HT room.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What kind of projector do you have and where is it currently mounted relative to the size of the room. How high is it now? etc etc etc

Eric Bass

Second Unit
I have a Sony HS10. It is currently roughly 13' from the screen, located in the center of the room at a height of roughly 5'. The room is quite large, at 13' the projector is roughly in the center of the room. I think what I am envisioning is perhaps a stand in the center of the room containing the projector along with the components of my HT (DVD player & sound processing hardware).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks