What's new

Projector Suggestions (1 Viewer)

AquaSerge

Grip
Real Name
Jeremy
I was wondering if anyone could throw out a few suggestions for me.

I'm looking for a place to find good Front Mount Projectors online. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

Really what I am looking for is a projector with these specs:

3000 - 3500 Lumens
1080i or 1080p
Durable
$3000 - $5000 price range
Decent bulb life
*MUST* Ceiling mountable

These projectors need to be able to handle DVD's and gaming as well.

I'm really new to the whole HT and HD aspect. It has always interested me and I have a nack for being able to learn and understand A/V very well. However I come from a middle of nowhere country town in south Ga, and these things aren't even down here that much if at all. So I have never had the oppritunity to handle it too terribly muchm but what I have I love!! I am still trying to decide which is better, 1080i or 1080p, mostly because I've never really seen either, and from what I'm reading its hard to tell.

I am going to create a business using these projectors, so I am trying to pick up as much as possible. Please just point me in the right direction.

Aqua

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Projectorcentral.com and Projectorreviews.com. You're not going to find a projector with that many lumens unless it's a commercial model. Why do you think you need so many lumens? And there is no such thing as a 1080i projector. All projectors are progressive scan.

AquaSerge

Grip
Real Name
Jeremy
For what I'm doing, people need to be able to see the image clearly after light has been turned on. I could dim the ceiling lights a bit to take it down to 2000 i think, maybe. I'm not quite sure just how bright 2000 lumens is.

If it doesn't work with 1080i, then how does it input 1080i an such? Like I said im still new to this.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
in the digital world...all displays are progressive not interlaced.

AquaSerge

Grip
Real Name
Jeremy
Ok I think I understand, so projectors will accept a 1080i and convert it to 1080p?

Also does any1 have any suggestions on a particular projector model with those specs??? I've been looking at a few but I'm not sure if they will handle what I want to do with them.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
I would say the Optoma HD 81 LV which is plenty bright. The Epson Home 1080 is another bright one. Check those out.

AquaSerge

Grip
Real Name
Jeremy
I've actually been looking at the Epson Home 1080. I'm currently trying to think of a lighting situation that would help lower the required lumens alot. I really liked the site i found for that Optoma HD81 LV, mostly because it has pictures of its performance and its lighting in different situations. Because I dont have immediate access to anythign to look and compare that is really what I am looking for. However I'm afraid that the Optoma may be a bit too expensive, not to mention the cost it would take to calibrate the green hue from the otb image.

I'm wondering. There are a few models from Epson I was looking at, and I'm not quite sure in the difference as far as performance in them. What I'm looking for is for them to be able to play PS3, XBox360, Wii, and everything below. The models I was looking at were

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1080
Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 1080

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
consider the BenQ W10000. It is a dlp technology that will accept 1080p at 24 FPS. It is capable of accurate color and has a fantastic contrast ratio.

It is part of the HTF Power Buy right now...and the pricing is INSANE...INSANE I TELL YOU!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks