What's new

Projector placement (1 Viewer)

Clay Wagar

Auditioning
Real Name
Clay Wagar
Hello Everyone,
New guy here. I have a question about placing my projector. Im getting an Epson 8350. Having a home built and i will have a small theater area in the basement. In the picture attached you can see that there is a beam running across the ceiling that is between where the projector will be and the screen, do you see any issues with that? You can also see i have pre wired for speakers and i would like my screen to be centered above them. I don't know how you get your projector centered with the screen when I'm at the mercy of the joist i will be attaching the projector to. I am new to projectors and i appreciate the help.
Thanks, Clay
7994fab2_basement.jpeg

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The beam could be a problem, but it depends on what height you want the screen. Just make sure the top of screen is slightly below the bottom of beam. How tall will your ceiling be? As far as centering the projector, you would simply add 2X6 or 2X8 blocking between the joists. The odds of the center falling on a joist is very slim.

Clay Wagar

Auditioning
Real Name
Clay Wagar
Thanks for your reply Jim. The ceiling height in the basement is 9', i think you end up with 8' 8" when its said and done. Was planning on a 100" screen. Do they make a wide projector mount that would attach to 2 joist and then be adjustable side to side to center it up?
Thanks again, Clay

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I doubt there are any mounts that wide. All you need to do is add the blocking between the 2 joists where the center falls. VERY simple. I had to do it also. All it takes is 4 screws, 2 into each end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks