What's new

Projector for Gaming (1 Viewer)

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
So I'm looking for a HT Project for a friend of mine that also wants to be able to game. He is worried about lag I have never experienced lag on one when I have gamed on them but thought I would throw this out there for any recommendations. I would also take any advice on good projectors. I don't think there are huge price concerns with this friend.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
This is a dedicated home theater. He is lets just say not worrying about money I think he wants the best he can get. If you want a dollar amount I would say $5000-$20000 again he wants the best to do the job. 1080p HD, movies is going to be the primary use but he has older kids that game so he doesn't want to compromise. I haven't kept up with projector tech as my home theater has never gone that way.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I would recommend he looks at the 3 different technologies in person, if possible, to see which he likes best. You have DLP, LCD and LCos.

If I were spending $5,000 or more, I would buy one of the JVC(LCos) projectors. He needs to do some reading at Projectorcentral.com and Projectorreviews.com to learn about projectors, screens, and read reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks