1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Projector and up conversion DVD..will I really notice a differece?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Curt Luther, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Curt Luther

Curt Luther Well-Known Member

I have the Sanyo PLV Z2 projector and it has a DVI-I input. Would I be able to use a DVD player with up conversion on my projector? And if so, would I really see a big difference in video quality? I am currently using a Panasonic DVD player with component cables.

I am going to be buying a DVD recorder to transfer old movies to DVD and I thought I may as well buy one with up conversion if it will make a difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Curt

2. Rob Mac

Rob Mac Well-Known Member

Rob
    I have a Z3 projector and OPPO 981 with HDMI. I get a slightly sharper cleaner picture. Not a huge difference. I have been told by OPPO and Sanyo that using DVI adaptor can make the picture worse in some cases. If possible, buy from a store that will allow you to return the player if you are not happy with the result.

3. ChrisClearman

ChrisClearman Well-Known Member

unless you spend a bunch of money on some of the top end players (and even then it's debateble) you will NOT notice a drastic difference in image clarity/sharpness/resolution vs a standard or progressive DVD player (assuming you are using Component/HDMI/DVI cables).