What's new

Project Greenlight: Season Three (merged) (2 Viewers)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
But Clu was simply trying to vocalize what his son couldn't/wouldn't, and this was after seeing John get all emotional talking with the fired Script Supervisor. Clu obviously had enough of it and wasn't scared to let people know. You da MAN, Clu! :D

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad Clu ripped that prick AD a new one. John should tell the DP and AD to SHUT THE FUCK UP and quit being little bitches everytime he has a suggestion about a shot.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
John needs to be "THE DIRECTOR". He needs to tell them what to do. It seems he is always asking, "What do you think about doing this?" It's his vision. He needs to tell the DP "Can you do what I ask you without the argument?"

I liked the Mr. Smarty Pants line. Although it was juvenile, it really spoke to their working relationship.

I never thought I'd say this, but this show needs Pete Biagi. At least he worked with the director, instead of against him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think if the AD and DP would just do what Gulager wanted them to do, the time saved in arguing about it would probably allowed them to make their day without all the drama. Oh wait, maybe that was the point... :D

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Very good (Great!) episode.

Good to see the producers say "apparently John's vision is the right one. this is turning out way better then we thought"

A very positive screening for the actors.. brought on because the producers liked what they saw.

A very positive response from the studio who felt like this was very good.

A very positive response from outside investors.

None of the other project greenlights had this kind of thing (in fact, they all wrapped in disasters with studios openly saying they hated or rejected or needed major reworks..)

I loved it when they finally had to say "really, it's all about John he figured it out.."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just finished watching my recording, and it was a fun episode.

That Krista Allen got a lot of face time, but I doubt it's the kind that's good for a career. I doubt it'll have any long-term effect on her marketability.

I wonder if any of the divorce between Disney and the Weinsteins will impact the release of this movie.

The previews for next episode dealing with post-production look funny as hell as Gulager can't seem to stay awake during the editing process.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, he was in one of those chairs and went rolling over backwards.. and apparently, a fight it out over Ben Affleck being told he could come see a private screening, which upsets Chris Moore.. Chris, get over yourself honey.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Gulager! Gulager!

Ha! It's good to see the people walk out of a rough draft showing at Dimensions and say "this is really good"

Far better then Season2's deafening "uh, we need to rework this to be a comedy.." or Season1s "we'll see if we can get it into maybe.. oh, 6 theaters?" Comparison to something distribution and promotion are excited about ;)

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
Good stuff last night - I wonder what Bob's reaction will be? Everyone else, so far, has liked it.

Looking forward to seeing this in theaters!

Oh and Chris Moore, come on! Pure EGO at work there. When he said "I don't need an invitation" I was thinking then why are you bitching about not getting one.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I think they lead you up to "oh, what can happen?" But in the preview for next week, they show everyone excited and going to a party being thrown for them in Vegas. I get the feeling if Bob thought this was a steaming pile of crap, the Maloofs and others would not be throwing a party for the film.

BTW, Feast was one of four properties chosen by the Weinsteins for them to take with them after the split with Disney.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

When he was yelling and swearing at that poor assistant, I felt like kicking his teeth in. Ego is right! So is unprofessional.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Chris....GROW UP!
And did everyone catch Navi's "acting range" in those three clips?! Looking back, John's girlfriend/wife would have made a MUCH better choice!
"If I bought you an Armani suit would you wear it to the premiere?" I thought that was a very touching moment in the show. Obviously, Clu was very proud of his son.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

I'll laways have a soft spot in my heart for Clu since he starred in the immortal "Return of the Living Dead," so I have to admit that I'm hopeful that things turn out well for John.

However, I'm not sure it will since the first draft of the screenplay wasn't too pretty. All of the innovativeness wears off after page 20 and it just degrades to a typical horror film replete with bad cliches (not used as postmodern humor) and stale scares. Hopefully the rewrites spiced the last two acts up a bit.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Great episode, good to see John totally in control, the studio get furiously behind the film and start talking about a wide (1,000+ screen) release with more money coming in.. never thought I'd see that on a PGL! Great ep.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Damn, Gulager's balls descended, finally, over the course of this process.

Couldn't believe this was the end of season 3, but still, a very positive way to go out.

Must see more of Jenny Wade, who reminds me a little bit of Kathryn Morris (Cold Case).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks