What's new

Project Greenlight: Season Three (merged) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I liked the way Chris Moore makes the word "fired" into 2 syllables when he said it to the 2 producers at lunch in the previous episode. Nice em-PHA-sis.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

The "F word" in this case was "fired," not the word you're thinking of! :D

Considering his name is on this show, they sure do seem to be having a tough time getting Ben Affleck to call Marky Mark.

I keep waiting for Chris Moore to just lose it and turn into The Hulk. :)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The casting director is a bitch.

So far, they have a great cast! Lots of big names there that will surely get people in the theater! That Nadia girl will be a huge star one day!

Now I know who Chris Moore reminds me of--Judge Reinhold.

It was cool how John's dad was preparing for his role.

After two weeks of John being sufficient as director, it looks like next week's episode shows his return to being a train-wreck.

~T

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Is John Gulager literally participating in the IMDB forum for Feast?

;)

Either that or someone using his moniker.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

:D:D

Yeah, it was pretty disgusting to see how the casting director took the chance to use her newfound power and get her friend into the cast, when she had been criticizing Gulager for wanting to do the same thing (I would think the director should be the one who had the next-to-final say on these things). It's not like anyone will see this movie because Navi whateverherlastnameis is in it.

But, judging by what I've seen on the show, this seems like the perfect Sean Penn vehicle... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Can't believe they even mentioned his name. Just go for Christian Slater or something... ;)

I think the winners this time seem more qualified than the winners in the previous 2 seasons. We'll see how Gulager does under pressure on the set, but I think he's got it in him.

/Mike

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
The thing I would ask . . . Stop with the artifical tension. They are so obviously editing this to make it look worse than it really is. For example, Chris says, "Yes we can, he's fired", and a quick edit to a blank look on one producers face, than an edit to the other producer looking blank, and then looking over to the first producer.

Let us see things how they really are. Stop the fake moments of tension.

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator

I agree, this has been the most entertaining PG yet, and honestly the first season that has made the show required viewing in my household.

Kevin

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

That is why, IMO, they picked Gulager to be the director. He obviously is creating more drama than the other candidates. If there wasn't the drama and tension, it would just be a making of Feast TV show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's like last season's directorial pick, holy moley, Ephram and his directing buddy were fun to watch (in a train-wreck fashion), but not all that competent.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, except Gulager doesn't come across as the conniving-nature of Ephram, etc.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I think there could have been drama created with any of the director finalists. I don't think Gulager was chosen because of that. In fact, I think he has (well, I guess I should say the editors of the show have) shown himself to be more professional and in control than the previous winners. I hope I won't be disappointed, but I think he can pull this off.

/Mike

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
They should show Gulager washing his pits every episode. It looks like Chris Moore has lost some weight, last season I kid you not he was eating every single shot he was in. Let's not forget when he broke a chair.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Project Greenlight has kinda a Catch-22 situation going. In order to make an interesting television show (in the minds of the producers anyway), it has to be edited to show all the things that go wrong-- all the tension and negativity. However, in the process, they make the viewer (me, for example) less and less excited about seeing the final film.

I rented Stolen Summer and fast-forwarded through Shaker Heights off cable, but I wasn't looking forward to seeing either one.

When I heard they were going to make a genre picture this time around, I thought they were finally on to something. But the first episodes have done nothing but trash the script and the director.

I haven't read the script, but it can't be *THAT* bad, right? Don't all the scripts get voted on to whittle it down to the top three? Enough people reading the script had to like it for it even to be considered, right?

I was also very intrigued by Gulager's short film entry. It looked really neat and I was excited to see what kind of horror movie he'd make. But all they've done is make him look like an incompetent buffoon.

Now, I wouldn't want PG to turn into a thirteen-episode EPK piece, but I think they really should do more to make their core audience excited. I mean, if *WE'RE* not going to want to go see the movie, then what's the point?

I feel like they're editing this to make it look worse than it really is.

My biggest disappointment is that they didn't seem to even go after Bruce Campbell for the role of Hero. He's built a career out of low-budget comedy-horror pictures. The built-in cult audience he brings might even be enough to make back the $3 million (or so) investment. Don't you think? :)

-Kelly

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Basing this purely on the scenes that the actors read during the casting sessions, it seems like the script is just the second half of From Dusk Till Dawn. They've substitued the vampires with monsters. It has all the same elements such as the characters that are mostly stereotypes (in the sense that you have the tough guy, the crazy guy, the funny guy, etc.), the 'badass' style dialogue, and the bar room setting.

Admittedly, that's not a fair judgment since I've heard maybe 5 or 6 scenes from the movie but it sure seems that way so far.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The problem with Project Greenlight is that they should air the show -immediately following- the release of the movie to the theater, rather then the other way around.. put some ads into getting it to air at the theater, etc. and then, the week it opens, do a "how'd they do that" type Project Greenlight show.. because the problem with PGL is that, as it's done, it leads to a complete anti-why would a see this feeling rather then eagerness to go to the theater.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Note that on the DVD set for season 1 (I haven't seen the set for season 2), the finished film is disc 1 and the episodes follow on the subsequent discs.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I thought that was definitely the case with "Stolen Summer" (I haven't seen "Shaker Heights"). They made the movie out to be some kind of huge, troubled mess. When I finally saw the movie, it was a very enjoyable family drama, easily as good as most other movies out there, and way better than some major theatrical releases. Nothing extraordinary, but a great effort and solid storytelling.

"Feast" seems derivative, but it's all in the details. I wish they would show some more of the creative, positive, cooperative filmmaking effort, than just show the negative, dramatic bits.

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks