What's new

Progressive scan DVD? (1 Viewer)

Dave Borgman

Agent
Looking for some opinions. Just bought an X1 a couple of weeks ago. I have an older Sony DVD player and was wondering if a progressive scan DVD player would be that much better? I currently have my hi-def cable box hooked up to the VGA input on the projector. If I go with a progressive scan I would have to get another component to VGA adapter and some sort of switcher to plug the two VGA's into one that would go to the projector.

Any opinions on DVD players (or dvd/vcr/combo) and swithcers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
If your X1 has the Faroudja deinterlacing chip you may get a better picture using the S-Video from an interlaced player rather than component from a cheap player that uses a less advanced method for deinterlacing.

With that said, color definition is best when sent through DVD's native siginal, which is component. You may or may not even notice it but I saw a smigen of difference from A/B tests to a CRT TV. A quality player would be best, but not inexpensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks