What's new

Problems with Warner double feature DVDs (1 Viewer)

Harpozep

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Yup, I've seen FS DVDs being pulled apart by the 'autostretch" functions on these TVs, AT PEOPLE"S HOUSES!! SIGH..............

They smile all happy 'cause they have filled their TV up and have no annoying black bars! Of course everyone on screen looks like John Candy in a sandstorm.................

People this thick should only have good old aspect ratio CRTs in their house. They will never master any of the simple things needed to make their new wide screen TVs actually produce a reasonable picture. So many folks still don't get wide screen.
Every week when I'm shopping at video outlets, I overhear the same bits from average people who are literally clueless in toy land. Oh well, ............

Todd_Z

Agent
Real Name
Todd Zaganiacz
90% of the Wanner double features have been coming in Fullscreen. I don't know why they aren't offering both FS double features and WS double features. Most of these titles when they were originally released were offered in FS and WS either on the same disc or separate discs. (Yes a fullscreen version of Ghost Ship was released in it's original release) What's worse is when they lable it widescreen and release it as fullscreen. Look at the New Line double features, I think almost every single one is fullscreen and many of them don't even list an aspect ratio. There's been a few like the Richard Pryor dble (Moving/Greased Lightning) which were both 1st time dvd releases and both released in widescreen. Warner is continuining there double features waves, just wish they would get their act together on these. My advice, don't get rid of your single disc copies just yet!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
The only one of these I've bought so far has been New Line's The Hidden/The Hidden 2, distributed by Alliance Atlantis in Canada, and I've had no problems with it. I must be lucky.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

thats has already being going on with dvds.
the "recruit" was mar'ed to wide-full and thinkfilm now is doing it with current releases.
"tideland" for example.

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking about getting the Contact/Sphere double feature disc, but considering that most of Warner's double feature releases are either in foolscreen or in non-anamorphic widescreen, I think I'll hold out until someone can confirm that disc has both movies in OAR 16:9 -- although their respective snapper releases were in widescreen only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks