What's new

Problems with "To Sir with Love"? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wife and I sat down tonight to watch my Columbia Classics pressing of To Sir with Love. I think it was released back around 2000. It was a flipper with the OAR version on one side and MAR version on the other.

Put the widescreen side in and up popped something unexpected--Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla! A surprise to say the least.

Flipped the disc over to the MAR side and found...an intact, albeit P&S butchered To Sir With Love.

Does anyone know of any other reportings of this phenomenon? I did a number of searches here on the HTF and found nothing (although that doesn't always mean anything).

Thanks!

EDIT**Well...I did Google THIS Amazon.com review which mentions the problem.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Yup! I had one of those a few years ago. I ended up eventually buying another DVD of the film which was not "unusual". :eek: :eek:

So you're not alone. :D

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I just bought TSWL within the last month, but have yet to get around to watch it (almost did a couple of times during the x-mas holiday). Looks like I will be giving this a spin tonight to make sure everything's on the up and up (although it is probably too late to return it if not).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Glad to know I'm not alone, Jeff! :laugh:

Wonder if it would be worth contacting Columbia? Do they have any track record with disc exchanges?

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator
Just to follow up, I watched my copy this weekend. It turned out to be a single sided disk with only the WS version and contained the correct film (very enjoyable movie, BTW). So apparently later pressings of this title were corrected by Sony, albeit with the P&S version removed.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just for the public record, I have sent an e-mail off to customer service at SONY Pictures Home Entertainment.

We'll see what kind of response (if any) there is.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...a one day response isn't bad, eh?

You don't suppose Team 4 will send me a Click DVD by mistake if I send them my copy of To Sir With Love?!? :D :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks