What's new

Problems with Sharp Learning Remote (1 Viewer)

CarlosGH

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Sharp Universal learning remote that came with a 30" LCD TV. It learns from other remotes, but I have had a problem with it. The wierd thing is any of the DVD buttons work, but only once. Then you have to use the original remote again before the universal remote works again. If I skip a chapter, the button won't move a chapter forward until I use the original remote to move another chapter forward. Their are no codes from DVD (but there is for every brand of LD and for Sony Beta and 8mm VCRs, go figure?), so each function has to be learned. Could it be my universal remote or the DVD player remote?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The best – only – way to find out is to see what it does with another component. Do you have a VCR or something?

Personally I suspect the remote. If it was a DVD problem it would do the same thing with it’s own remote.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Did you "learn" the IR code, or enter a three or four digit number into the remote? If you actually learned the code, try re-learning it. Try avoid doing it in direct sunlight of under flourescent light. If you entered a code into the remote, try a different code for your DVD player manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks