What's new

Problems with ordering Superman Returns? - Now over! (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Ha, ha, yes!
I use DVD Planet for a considerable time already (formerly Digital Eyes). I ordered it just over two weeks ago!

Currently, the have some problems listing all HD DVD releases and in time (just like Amazon has), but apart from that specific problem, they are consistently good.

Cees

MarekM

Supporting Actor

hehe GOOD FOR YOU ;) hmm they don't have troy on dvdplanet too, hmm
I really wonder what's up with Superman Returns hmm, I hope they don't have some production problems :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Nor Aeon Flux, nor Sahara...
Amazon doesn't list Aeon Flux either, although they do have the BD-version now. I really think there's something wrong with one of the 'info lines' to retailers.

Cees

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Technically it was, but it was sold a few years ago to the company that owns DDD and Digital Eyes now. They used to be my main supplier for LD's and DVD's till that switch, but that was handled so horribly back in '03 that I will never order from them again. Hopefully they've gotten back on track, but that bad taste in my mouth is still there.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Ahhh. I remember Ken Cranes well. Drove out there the day DVD's were first released to pick up whatever they had in stock sense Phoenix, AZ. was not part of the initial DVD release market. They were also my main source of LD's.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I was a big customer of Ken Crane's in the old laserdisc days. They had everything, and laser was not easy to find at local B&M retailers. Every wednesday, UPS would leave one of those LP sized cardboard mailers inside my front door with the latest releases from Ken Crane's. When they changed hands, things were never the same for mail order.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I was a customer of Digital Eyes since 1997 and generally very happy with them.

In this case, the "merger" was about 6 months ago, and I must say it went very smoothly for DE-customers. The new company adopted the web-site mainly as it was before with DE. Some things have changed, but many didn't for me.

So, I for one, am a very happy customer there still. :)
Buy a lot there.

Cees

AaronSCH

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron Schneiderman
Just to let you guys know that Amazon shipped 12 Monkeys, Spartacus and The Thing today. I paid $19.95 each less the 10% discount and opted for free shipping....Maybe they are getting better at assessing demand.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
My order for The Thing and Slither isn't scheduled to ship until next week. Bummer, as I was looking forward to watching these this weekend with Halloween approaching. I'll be picking up 12 Monkeys this week in stores, however. :)

J-EL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
J
Will Superman Returns be the first film that was shot digitally released on HD-DVD? Just curious.

Either way it ought to be breathtaking in HD. :)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I just read in a Mission Impossible 3 review thread that it was partially shot digitally.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor

Didn't they used to sell laserdiscs back in the day as well? They were under a different name a while back, I think H20 or something to that effect? Yeah, they were great and I've ordered discs new and used from them with no problems as well. So glad that things are working out for Mark over there (I believe he's still with the company now).

J-EL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
J

Didn't know Click was shot digitally. Neat.

I was referring to live-action digital films. I should have made that clear. My bad. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
supes returns still isnt listed anywere.

was scheduled for 4 weeks from now

any word yet

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
A gentleman who works for DVD Planet posted on the DVD Talks board that Warners is not allowing pre-orders for SR until the 31st. Hopefully all of the major etailers will have it up for pre-order this Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks