1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Disc 3 on MI-5: Volume 5?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ChrisCook, Jan 17, 2008.

1. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Well-Known Member

I haven't watched mine yet, but I've been reading on Amazon.com (which is currently sold out) that the fifth episode is missing and that an episode from Disc 2 was included again on this disc. Has anyone here had any problem with theirs?

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MI-5, Volume 5

2. Raul Marquez

Raul Marquez Premium
    Supporter

Raul H. Marquez, MD
    Same problem here. Disc 3 would load, show the FBI and BBC logo stuff and then a message stating Bad Disc. Same results on 4 different players: Denon DVD, Panasonic Blu-ray, Toshiba HD-DVD and on my iMac. Went to my local Borders store tonight and replaced the set with a new one, getting the same bad disc results. From messages throughout the Internet this is obviously a manufacturing problem. Do you know of an address where one can get a replacement Disc 3?

Raul

3. Katherine_K

Katherine_K Well-Known Member

I was concerned about this report so I opened mine early to see if I could spot a problem. My disc three loads, and episode 5 seems to be different than episode 2, just watching the first thirty seconds or so. I preordered mine from Amazon.com

4. ChrisCook

I don't have an address in front of me, but I do wonder if BBC Video is aware of this.

5. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Active Member

I ordered this from Amazon.ca on the weekend. By the time I saw this thread, my order was ready to ship, and it was too late to cancel it. I got the discs yesterday, and - much to my relief - everything is fine. Disc 3 (and all the other discs) play perfectly, and there are no missing or duplicated episodes. So there are definitely non-defective copies of this title available.

6. ChrisCook