What's new

Problem with ViP722 - Dish Network (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Hey friends..

Does anybody else have alot of problems getting the RF remote to work on their ViP722 for the 2nd room? I'm not that far away from the receiver (a couple of rooms), and it works very intermittently. Does anybody have any recommendations? What could be interfering?

Brent_S

Second Unit
Any number of things could interfere, both inside and outside your house. IIRC, the remote operates around 390Mhz give or take. What are the walls made of? How fresh are the batteries? Any neighbors close by that could have a similar unit? I've seen instructions for changing the operating frequency of the RF remote as well as ways to boost the receiver's sensitivity...Google is probably your friend here.

I assume you're using the "backfeed" wiring from the 722 to TV2. As a last resort, you can use a diplexers to "move" the RF remote antenna to TV2. Diplex the antenna jack into your backfeed cable to TV2 and then use a diplexer at TV2 to split the coax to the antenna and TV2. You'll need to pick up a F-coupler to make the antenna connection...you can get them at Radio Shack, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Technically, you're supposed to insert a 6dB attenuator (included in the Vip722 box) to keep from transmitting (FCC thing), but the installers usually take them if not used during the initial install.

-Brent

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy

Sorry for taking so long to get back. Yes, I'm using the antenna on the back. Alot of what you said didn't make sense to me... I'm kind of a doofus on this. I guess I will try and call Dish Network about it.

bmeyer6472

Grip
Real Name
Bob
I had similar problems with my Dish UHF remote until I discovered that more than a touch on the remote buttons is required. Not that you need to hold them down, just press firmly and release - not just a quick stab. I hope this makes sense, and that you try it and it works for you.

If not, good luck with Dish customer support. You'll be lucky if you can even understand the person on the other end of the phone.

Bob

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter

I will try in a little less techie talk. Get 2 diplexors. On the back of your 722 unscrew the RF remote antenna, take a piece of cable and attach it to where you took the antenna off. Take the other end of that cable and attach it to one of the dual ports on the diplexor (sat). Now unscrew the wire from the 722 that is going out to the other room and attach that to the single port on the diplexor. Take another piece of cable and attach it to the back of the 722 where you just removed the cable from and attach it to the last remaining port (ant)on the dual side of the diplexor. Now take your other diplexor and the RF remote antenna you removed and take it to the room where you use the RF remote. Disconnect the cable coming out of the wall from whatever piece of equipment its hooked up to and attach that to the single port on the diplexor. Take another piece of cable and attach it to the (ant) port on the diplexor. Take the other end of the cable and attach it back to the piece of equipment you just removed the other cable from. That only leaves the sat port on the diplexor open. Attach the RF remote antenna to it and your done. It should work fine now

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I wish I had found/known about the hints part diagram. Then I wouldnt have had to spend 30 minutes typing and editing to make it real simple. I knew someone would post a good pic.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
I don't mean to sound stupid, but have you tried new batteries? We were having similar issues and just put in fresh batteries and problem solved. I know this is basic, and you've probably already tried, but before you go to all the trouble listed above, you might want to try if you haven't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks