What's new

Problem with sound on new Panny E50 DVD Recorder (1 Viewer)

RobertSing

Agent
Brand new out of the box and I can't get this to work. Trying to connect Optical cable to Denon AVR1602. Sound comes through the RCA jacks fine, but nothing through the optical output. I told the Denon the DVD player was now the optical input (used to have a DVD player that used Coax) so I don't think that's the problem. Forcing the receiver into DTS mode didn't work ... the receiver doesn't seem to be getting anything from the DVD player. This is my first experience using the optical input/outputs. I noticed the "fit" on the receiver is snug (it "clicks" in, if you will), but it's pretty loose on the DVD player side. Is something this simple my problem? Pretty disappointing to bring home a new piece of gear and spend all night with it and not get to use it. AAARRRGGHHHH! Please help.

P.S. The DVD player's audio menu has a setting for Dolby Digital - either Bitstream or PCM. The manual is confusing, but it seems to tell me to use Bitstream. Same thing for DTS - either Bitstream or Off. It also has a choice for PCM Down conversion - either On (converts to 48 kHz) or Off (96 kHz). What does this mean?

RobertSing

Agent
Thanks for the tip ... I have it set to Bitstream and still no output through the Optical cable. Any guesses?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks