What's new

problem with input sound (1 Viewer)

alcs

Auditioning
Real Name
angel
hello everyone, i just bought a coby dvd home theater 600 watts, the problem is that when i plug the computer to the input it only sounds 2 speaker out of five, the subwoofer does not sound neither... help me please

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
What happens when you play a DVD? Do you get sound from all speakers?

Are you sure that the computer source is 5.1 discrete? If the source was stereo on the computer, then you will receive a 2-channel output?

Also, you probably need to check to make sure that the receiver of the system is switched to multi-channel play-back.

alcs

Auditioning
Real Name
angel
hello, when i play dvd os cd music works on all speakers but after i pluged the computer the cd music now works on 2 speakers!

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
My guess is that when you select the input that coincides with the computer that is limiting the processing to only a 2-channel format. Don't know Coby stuff, but I think that if you assign the input appropriately, you can get multi-channel playback.

Look into the Coby manual to see about assignment of input's.

I just looked at page 27 of your manual - it looks like you can play a 5 channel playback by toggling the A-mode button on the remote during playback. Are you sending a two plug red/white from the computer or do you have a digital coax connecting your computer to the system? Make sure you are setting properly here as well - look at the source selection on page 24.

One thing about the CD music playing, if you are not playing SACD's (multi-channel encoded, hi-fidelity discs) then you are contributing only a 2-channel feed that is being processed as a "5 channel stereo" type output. You are not getting discrete sound like you get on a digital discrete multi-channel source with DVD's. Both DVD and CD's go through the default settings since the device is on board the receiver.

alcs

Auditioning
Real Name
angel
hello and thanksthe a-mode button resolved the problem cds and dvds are in 5 channel , but the computer stills working in 2 channel.. im using an white and red cable to the hometheater and to the is green

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
The fact that this is an "outside source", not the on-board DVD or CD. I assume that is why you will need to go through page 24 to make sure that the incoming signal is able to process in. The fact that this source is 2-channel, may preclude it form 5-channel playback.

After you follow the instructions on P. 24, then toggle the A-mode button on the remote.

If this does not produce a 5-channel output, I would suggest contacting the support group at Coby.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks