What's new

Problem with "DVD Demystified" (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi!

I am still feeling my way around the HTF and was looking for a listing of some of the abbreviations that are used by the posters here. Near the top of the "Software" page is a link labeled "Read DVD Demystified here". I thought that might help me, but whenever I've clicked on it in recent weeks (both before and after your site's software changeover), it takes me to a 404 error message and I cannot even return to the forum with my "back" button.

Just thought you would like to know. BTW, is there a place where there is a glossary of common HTF abbreviations? Thanks!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:
I am not sure why you are getting the "404" error as the page is there and the link is working just fine. The reason that your back button doesn't work is because the link to this page is loaded in a new window. Just close that window out and you will see the forum as before.
You can read DVD Demystified, by Jim Taylor, at http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html at any time if the link from here continues to give you problems. Also, there is a basic faq page on the Links page that goes cover what a DVD is, etc.
Parker

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi Parker--
The link you supplied in your response worked fine!
However, the one at the top of the "software" topics page still gives the following message:
Not Found
The requested URL /bbs/faq/default.css was not found on this server.[END QUOTE] I mis-spoke when I called it a 404 message. Sorry! :b
And, the back button SHOULD work because a new window does not open. Instead it is my working browser window which displays the message. But, for some reason, I cannot return to HTF unless I begin all over again.
When I place my browser's (Netscape 4.79) cursor over the DVD Demystified link, it tells me I am about to go to:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/faq/faq.html
But, instead I get the above error message.
But, thanks for supplying the new link!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:

Try it again. The author of the page put a default.css style in there that couldn't be called up locally. Also, the back button wouldn't work because you got an error on the page.

Parker

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Parker--
Thanks a lot! Everything works great now. :D
Hope I was able to help out with something.
This is one awesome site! I have learned quite a lot in the last few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks