What's new

Pro Racer controller from Gamester (1 Viewer)

MarissaH

Auditioning
Well, I used the Pro Racer 2 for the PS2. Same concept, I guess, but I personally didn't like it. I found my left hand got tired very quickly trying to turn the car (tried with NFS: Hot Pursuit 2) and it took quite a bit of getting used to to do precision turns. However, it stressed my hand so much, I could really do only one race before plugging the normal controller back in.

EdR

Second Unit
I have one for the PS2 and the Xbox, it's really great for some games. I think the PS2 one works out better since the Xbox version's front triggers aren't nearly as good as the ones on the regular controllers.

Since a lot of PS2 racing games seem to be designed for the DualShock controller, full-sized steering wheels often don't work well (there's often a ton of dead-space in the center), unless the game has dedicated support for the Logitech wheel, the mini-wheel works out well as a replacement for the DualShock because it has a short 'throw' similar to the thumb sticks.

I haven't had the problem mentioned above by MarissaH with tiring hands, but everyone's hands are different, so YMMV.

RudyN

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rudy Nunez
Thanks for the responses. Maybe I'll look into picking one up at EB in case I need to return it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks