What's new

Prison Break Season One on August 8th! Not enough time for newbies! (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The truly burning questions we should all be considering here, though, are:

Will Bill Fichtner finally get more than one season to play the same character on a TV series?

and:

Will Bill Fichtner utterly oVVn this show the way he's done every single other project he's been in since the beginning of time itself?

(And yes, I'm including "Ken Rosenberg" and his as-yet-sight-unseen role in Blades of Glory in this statement.)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I just noticed William Fichtner in the TV ad yesterday -- and had to replay it to make sure. He'll be a great addition to the show -- love him!

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator
I too can polish off a season per week. About a disc a day is what I'm averaging with the West Wing.

I hadn't realized season 2 started so soon. I still have to finish off the last bit of season one.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wow. I've followed this thread, but I never really put it together that we are that close to the season premiere. The summer TV break wasn't that bad this time around. Though, I think most of my shows debut at the end of September.

Matt_Troop

Agent
I have already received the first season on dvd (I review for ClassicTvHits.com) It took me 3 days to watch the episodes. I understand that alot of people have more things to do than I do but I think it is quite easy to finish up the seaseon before the 2nd season premier...

As for the 24 on DVD situation, It is somewhat true that they give you close to a month to wach the previous season (Although I have heard there will only be 3 weeks between the season 5 release/season 6 premier) It is during one of the busier DVD times of the season, I know that when I get TV shows for christmas I like to sample a little of each where as it will be ruff trying to finish up 24...

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Is this set anamorphic? The back of the package does not state "anamorphic" in the aspect ratio box and usually Fox states it if the film/video is.

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
Thought everyone would like to know the regular 6-DVD Prison Break set has a bonus feature that I didn't see listed in any pre-release online information.

In addition to the various audio commentaries, Disc 6 has the following features:

**The Making of Prison Break (30:34) (A pleasant surprise, as I don't recall seeing this listed anywhere as an extra)
If These Walls Could Speak: Profile of the Joliet Correctional Center (9:18)
Beyond the Ink (16:17)
Fox Movie Channel Presents Making a Scene (8:01)
TV Spots & Promos (4:59)

I bought this at Best Buy today, so I received the "Exclusive Bonus Disc" with the Prison Break Mobisodes If you go to Best Buy, be careful to pick a set with a sticker saying it has the bonus disc, as the BB I went to had regular and "bonus disc" sets all mixed up in the display!

The Prison Break Mobisodes bonus disc content starts when you load the disc (no menus), and runs for 49:53, which includes all 26 Mobisodes and "behind-the-scenes footage from the mad-for-mobile series." From what I saw on the disc so far, the Toyota Yaris commercial that appeared at the beginning of every Mobisode on phones and online is shown only before the first episode. Also, the actor who plays T-Bag introduces the disc (thanking you for buying this BB special edition, and reminding us that Season 2 starts soon).

All in all, a great show and a wonderful DVD package with nearly 2 hours of bonuses (counting the Mobisodes bonus disc)!

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
It is three thinpaks, each with 2 DVDs, in a slipcase. I must say it's wonderfully concise packaging -- I'd love to see more DVD box sets released this way.

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Fox stays with bigger packaging for 24, though. It would look VERY odd having S5 that small next to 1-4.

They could always reissue them, though. I probably wouldn't buy them unless they remastered S1...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Gone through 8 episodes in one day.

I'm rushing to get through this set to make the Season II premier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks