What's new

Prison Break Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't mean to damn it with faint praise when I say that this wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared or been led to believe; I think there's a chance that the show turns out pretty good. I'm going to continue to hope that Ms. Callies will return in some capacity after her maternity leave, and that they figure out what to do with Lincoln on the outside; maybe when Sucre (hopefully) reappears next week that will improve.

Another question: Someone had to overhear Scofield & Mahone's conversation and realize Mahone's a cop, but no-one seems to have any issue with him yet.

I'd been fearing the worst, but this looks like it will be fun for a while. I just don't know if there's a full season to be milked from what we've seen so far.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm inclined to agree with you but they may be able to get her to return for a guest spot. Since the character isn't dead, it seems like they're hoping to get her back at some point.

I'll keep watching but Lost is RUMORED to be moving to Mondays at 8 PM in February. Even if this season is excellent, I'll be switching over to watching Lost and catching Prison Break on Fox's website.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No offense, Ron, but you were way down on last season and I think even thought it should have been just a single season show, so I'm not surprised at all that you feel the same about this one. I agree that they built a two season show at best and are now scrambling to extend it, but as Jason said, it's just good, dumb fun--which it kind of has been from the start.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I have a bad memory -- did we ever find out exactly what Mahone's medication is for?

I kept waiting for T-Bag to show up -- he's the only really interesting character on the show. Robert Knepper's created a deliciously evil/pitiful character -- thank goodness, because Miller and Purcell are extremely bland leading men. Love Fichtner, but I have a nagging hunch he will not last the season.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
T-Bag is on another show.
I believe I saw him on another network program but I can't remember what it is now.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That makes more sense - he was on TNT's Heartland.

The premiere was enjoyable enough. It'll be interesting to learn more about Whistler and the people who want him out.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I disagree there; having her killed off-screen would feel just as much like a cop-out (and that's the other option they had, with a pregnant actress), limits the writers' options in the future, and leaves the villains without leverage should they decide to have L.J. escape or otherwise take a more active role. It seems pretty clear that they plan/hope to use her again, so stashing her away makes sense.

Besides, I suspect we won't be seeing that room again until Ms. Calllies is ready to return or they decide they have to recast the role. It's done its job.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They've killed enough. Too much, even. The impact of the death of Veronica was not worth losing Robin Tunney as a recurring presence.

I'm glad C-Note is gone. Not that I don't like him, but there's no real way to justify his being in Panama.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I just watched the premiere ep on my TiVo.

I can understand the criticisms directed at "stretching" this show into a third season...

BUT, it is a show that stands as unabashedly complete and ridiculous FUN.

The concept of "willful suspension of disbelief" exited a long time ago.

If you'd told me this is where we'd be two years ago, I would've never thought they'd sustain my interest in the show.

But I am intrigued despite the goofiness of it all...and I want to see how it is all going to go down and how they'll escape this particular pickle.

It is like a really, really "over the top" pulp novel. It is so wrong it is right.

Watching the show is like eating a Big Mac and fries. You know it is really bad for you, but you also know that it tastes really good and sometimes you just want to consume some junk food.

That's what this show delivers.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I watched it and I liked it a lot. To me they took what was supposed to be a one or two season plot line and successfully completed the original story (with a few "what happens next?" questions). That way if people wanted to stop watching after Season Two it was at least at a point where the original premise was resolved.

However...

For those of us who like to extend the action of Prison Break even further, Season Three looks like a promising story line. Another prison, but with everything turned upside down. And healthy doses of intrigue and a lot of behind the scenes characters and motives. This show definitely stays on my "New Episodes" DVR list.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
It's not often I say this, but I literally laughed out loud at this comment.

I was really really skeptical about this season going in, but the first episode won me over. The extremes of Sona, the idea of the inmates creating their own society and rules (which as a concept mostly reminded me of Escape From New York, but then I haven't seen Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome), the questions about why Whistler is in Sona and why he's hiding in the walls, all these made the show really rather intriguing. I'm looking forward to seeing how they progress.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I wasn't sure how I would feel about this third season also, but it hasn't lost its entertainment value and I'll be tuning in.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I'm liking the season so far, and can't wait for tomorrow (though, of course, Heroes is the main attraction).

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason

Duh me. Yes, got those two mixed up. C-note is who I saw on the other show...Heartland.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks