1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

printer ink cartridges

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Weeks, May 29, 2002.

1. Tom Weeks

Tom Weeks Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone here have any experience with those cartridge refill kits with the hypodermic needle that you use to REFILL the old cartridge rather than just buying a new one? Do they work or do they just make a mess?

2. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Screenwriter

They can work, they can make a mess, they can also not work properly if the ink is too thick or thin.

You might have to try it yourself and see.

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Screenwriter

I've had some good experience with them, but you can only refill a cartridge so many times. Make sure to not let them dry out too much, and make sure that they're clean before replacing them. As for the mess-if you follow the instructions it should be fine, but good to do on some paper towels or something just in case. I filled the cartridges on my printer five or six times out of a $30 kit, so they're well worth the money.

4. Brad_V

Brad_V Second Unit

They work fine. But, if you do a google search, you can find cartridges (for some models anyway) pretty cheap. $6 for a drop-in cartridge isn't so bad. Refilling is still cheaper, though.