What's new

Prime Suspect (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
And...the harassment is back. The dressing down by the hotel security guy was nice though, and Timoney pushing back was a nice change.

The case was kind of a yawner too.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had a hard time getting interested in the case to be honest. I stuck with it until the end, but it was not the show's finest hour.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks like this show is done. Production reportedly shut down after completing the initial order of 13 episodes. No word of any full season pickup from NBC.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Not too surprised. I was totally uninterested in Duffy's sub-plot in the last episode.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

Looks like this show is done. Production reportedly shut down after completing the initial order of 13 episodes. No word of any full season pickup from NBC.

The Crawford curse is in full swing again.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

Not too surprised. I was totally uninterested in Duffy's sub-plot in the last episode.

I thought it was very interesting especially after seeing opening credits in which that actress playing that detective was listed as part of the regular cast. Anyhow, it doesn't matter now.

Crawdaddy

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
They wrote Duffy as so unlikable from the get go that it takes more than him pursuing a love interest and being let down to make him sympathetic. Unless the writers were going for schadenfreude.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The recent episode was pretty intense. The firefight in the woods especially and then the subsequent ID of the perp. The breakthrough Timoney had with the child was nice too. I imagine if the show had more time, many of the issues I've been having with the show would be addressed. Duffy has slowly been coming around.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Cameron Yee said:
The recent episode was pretty intense. The firefight in the woods especially and then the subsequent ID of the perp. The breakthrough Timoney had with the child was nice too. I imagine if the show had more time, many of the issues I've been having with the show would be addressed. Duffy has slowly been coming around.
So many shows fail at adding tension & drama to their "action" scenes. It's not often that a non-serialized network cop show offers compelling drama like that. Other than the overdone sexual harassment in the early eps, this has easily been my top new show this year.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
it's too bad people did'nt watch and that NBC did'nt have more faith, the last few episodes of this show have been damn good. The History of Classic televison would be so much different if shows like NYPD Blue and Hill Street Blues were only given 5 or 6 shows to hit their stride and perform. Most shows do not do that, and the networks are wondering why viewers are not watching? Why should they when they invest something into a series to have it pulled so quickly.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Wikipedia says there are two more scheduled to air on Jan. 22nd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Suspect_%28U.S._TV_series%29_episodes

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Cameron Yee

Wikipedia says there are two more scheduled to air on Jan. 22nd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Suspect_%28U.S._TV_series%29_episodes

Thanks, Cameron.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks