What's new

Pretty neat April schedule on FOX MOVIE CHANNEL... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The highlight for me, as I've been campaigning for a widescreen video release of this for years, is the LBX showing of A HIGH WIND IN JAMAICA. Directed in 1965 by Alexander Mackendrick (SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS, several classic Ealing comedies) it is a multi-layered pirate adventure starring Anthony Quinn and James Coburn. Works as a family movie, and also as a very adult film about loyalty and innocent betrayal. Also on this month's docket are SILVER STREAK (LBX), CONRACK (LBX, with Jon Voight as a white man hired as a schoolteacher on a remote island in the deep south); UNFAITHFULLY YOURS (one of Preston Sturges' finest (and last) comedies, badly remade with Dudley Moore; a couple of classic HOUR OF THE STARS episodes.... if you don't already have cable/Fox Channel, this would be a good month to start (and, no, I don't work for the company...I'm just a typically huge HTF movie fan).

Jodee

Screenwriter
I was excited when I saw they will be showing Peter Bogdanovich's musical AT LONG LAST LOVE on Monday night (4/7).

This movie has never been released on video in any form and hasn't been shown on television in several years.

It was a huge box office disaster, but developed somewhat of a cult following.

I had read the movie was an inspiration for Woody Allen's "Everyone Says I Love You."

I'm looking forward to seeing it as I have read so many things about it. Supposedly all the musical numbers were performed live in the movie (instead of pre-taped and lip-synched) and the art direction employs extensve use of black & white in order to give the movie a "black & white in color" feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks