What's new

Presenting MSword documents on TV with DVD player? (1 Viewer)

rkruz

Auditioning
Real Name
robin kruz
I can copy graphics files, .gifs etc. to a DVD and my DVD player will present those on the television as a slide show. I think most players do that now.

How can I save files on a DVD when they are MSWord, Power Point or Adobe Acrobat files so that each page displays and an single graphic in a slide show? Is there a software tool that will quickly convert each page to a recognized graphics file?

This BTW is to acrhive and preserve some of the kids papers and presentations on DVD.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Thank you

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I think, the only way you can do that is by simply saving the documents as a JPEG file. I think when you scan in the documents it gives you an option to save it as a JPEG on Acrobat Reader. Once set up as a JPEG file, then you can do the same with photos. Of course check what you DVD player can play and see if those options are available when saving a document.

John Gido

Second Unit
Microsoft Word & Excel do not give you the option of saving files in JPEG.

If you have both Adobe Acrobat (the actual program, NOT the free reader) and Photoshop it can be done. Just create a PDF file using Acrobat, open the file in Photoshop, and resave as a JPEG file.

Kean-Hock Yeap

Stunt Coordinator
Power Point actually gives you the option to save the entire presentation into JPEG or GIF format, 1 file per slide. If you have the document in Word, you can import it into Powerpoint first and then save to JPEG.

rkruz

Auditioning
Real Name
robin kruz
great inputs thanks. Ive found that the full version of adobe will convert a those documents to jpeg. Its under the Save As. It will make a new jpeg file.......xxx-1......xxx-2 etc for each page. That should do the trick.
thanks again

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
And if you don't have the full adobe, use CutePDF (freeware) to make a PDF file and go from there.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's an interesting and creative way to store your kids' school projects for future enjoyment. I'm curious why you're going this route, rather than just backing up the original computer files to a DVD?

Thinking about my own archives of childhood and even college schoolwork and personal projects and how computer data has not fared well, I think the best way -- if you want your kids to have these in 30 years when they're adults -- is to make hardcopies. Print them on good paper, store in a sealed container to protect against moisture and sun, and they will last practically forever.

If you do make DVDs of images of documents, test to make sure text is readable on your TV.

rkruz

Auditioning
Real Name
robin kruz
either way its stored on DVD. But its convenient to present on the big screen tv. All the kids papers are done on the pc nowadays anyway.
as far as archiving, the DVD will last for the millenium as its not magnetic and Ill pick a DVD over a 5000lbs of paper anyday that will eventually turn into dust in about 50 years.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My question is whether you want an image, a photograph, of the original work. Or the actual, original digital file? I don't know what's better. Given how computer programs come and go, having a JPG version might be better than PowerPoint 2007 in the year 2037.

rkruz

Auditioning
Real Name
robin kruz
thats funny! Do you happen to live off the land in a log cabin in Alaska?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks