1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Predictions For 2014

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Frank Soyke, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Well-Known Member

Huh, I didn't know DreamWorks bought Classic Media. $155 million is an awful big sum. Perhaps they were banking on The Lone Ranger to make a comeback. If that is the case it is extremely unfortunate for them that the movie bombed so terribly.
    At any rate I'm not sure of the specifics of the deal, just the info Provost relayed to me. He seemed optimistic that there will be proper dvd releases of Lassie someday.

2. moviebuff75

moviebuff75 Well-Known Member

Eric Scott Richard
    Predictions for tv on Blu-ray in 2014:

1. I Love Lucy
    2. Seinfeld
    3. The Flintstones (Q4 in preparation for 55th Anniversary of show)
    4. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? (45th Anniversary)
    5. Little House on the Prairie (40th Anniversary)
    6. The Brady Bunch (45th Anniversary)

2015:
    1. Wonder Woman (40th Anniversary)
    2. Gilligan's Island (50th Anniversary)

3. Frank Soyke

Frank Soyke Well-Known Member

Frank
    With all the wonderful increased activity from WA the past month or so, I am curious what their next couple releases will be. In a very brief time period, they knocked out FBI (6), Sugerfoot (2), Maverick (3), and now, Alice (4). Based upon info reported here, Kildare (2) will be released in 14, but is not ready yet, and Daktari (3), I was told will be released but hasn't begun being remastered yet. What do you guys think is the next release? Will it be one of the only other 4 not mentioned here (Eddie's Father, Falcon Crest, Medical Center, Cheyenne) that are part of their current cycle? Will they turn around quickly and double up on the FBI or Alice? Will they throw a new one in the mix? If so, what?

4. JamesSmith

JamesSmith Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the next season of growing pains! Cheyenne 8, or Superboy 4?Maybe Daktari 3James

5. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Well-Known Member

2014 marks the 50th Anniversary of these iconic shows, so I do expect some new sets or perhaps Blu-ray releases:

Gilligan's Island
    Bewitched
    The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
    The Addams Family
    Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
    Jonny Quest
    Daniel Boone
    Peyton Place
    The Munsters
    Flipper
    Shindig!
    Hullabaloo

With Perry Mason complete, I am hoping for a release of the later TV-movies, or maybe even the short lived 1973 The New Perry Mason with Monte Markham and Sharon Acker as Perry and Della.

Now that The Warner Archive is digging deeper into older titles, what about the classic WB detective shows? 2014 would be a great time to start on 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye, Surfside 6, and Bourbon Street Beat

From CBS Paramount: More of Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction

In my wildest dreams: Peyton Place gets a remastered Complete Series Collection with tons of extras, and of course, BATMAN!!!!!!!!

cajunhillbilly and Ron1973 like this.
  6. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Well-Known Member

Mark
    PEYTON PLACE FROM ANY SOURCE !!!!

For my friend Tracy The Colbys all seasons with Dynasty last 2 seasons and the reunion movies from Dynasty.

General Hospital the two Luke and Laura VHS tapes put out on DVD.

The Long Hot Summer one season TV series.

Rerelease the Wild Wild West Movies alone and not shaft the fans!

The Flintstone Comedy Hour

Family the 70s drama

BSG the original in blu-ray already mentioned

Young Indiana Jones in Blu-ray

7. maskedmala

maskedmala Well-Known Member

Maurice
    These one seasons shows:- The Baileys of Balboa- Broadside- No Time for Sergeants- The Rogues
    Yes, these shows deserved to be released on DVD
    More Beverly Hillbillies for sure and why not Green Acres too
    I think it's about time for Batman and also Green Hornet

cajunhillbilly likes this.
  8. Darby67

Darby67 Well-Known Member

Sean
    My hopes for 2014:

1. Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 7 (on pressed discs)
    2. The Alfred Hitchcock Hour Season 1 (on pressed discs)
    3. The Alfred Hitchcock Hour Season 2 (on pressed discs)
    4. The Alfred Hitchcock Hour Season 3 (on pressed discs)
    5. The Rifleman (all seasons)
    6 The Rebel (complete series)
    8. Amazing Stories: The Complete Second Season (on pressed discs)
    9. Scooby-Doo All-Star Laff-a-Lympics (with the 8 missing episodes of Scooby-Doo Where Are You?/The Scooby-Doo Show)

Darby

dana martin likes this.
  9. kingfish

kingfish Well-Known Member

finishing up black sheep squadron and re releasing the classic battlestar galactica on single sided discs.

10. kingfish

kingfish Well-Known Member

i would love to see the cbs classic mike hammer series with stacy keach.

11. Jack P

Jack P Well-Known Member

The Markham version is a Fox title and you'll never see it get a legit DVD release. If you want to see it, most of the episodes from 16mm prints are on YT, uncut,

12. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Well-Known Member

Wow! I just found out CBS Paramount is putting out the first volume of the Perry Mason movies, starting on 12/31! The first set will have six titles in it. At this point I don't know if they will be in order starting with the first, Perry Mason Returns. This info from the TVShowsonDVD.com website.

13. Darby67

Darby67 Well-Known Member

Sean
  14. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Well-Known Member

Brian
    Well, I'm pretty sure that we will get the final season of The Courtship of Eddie's Father. Medical Center season 4 seems to be a sure thing as well. We should get seasons 5 and 6 (and maybe 7) of Alice. More than likey they will also get the final season of Eight is Enough out.

I'd like to see Warner Archive start Chico and the Man and maybe give the second season of Welcome Back Kotter a shot.

Fox will most likely not release anything outside of the Simpsons season 17 (and maybe 18) that I'm interested in. I'd love for them to finish The Bob Newhart Show but I've given up on that as a lost cause.

VEI will finish up The Mod Squard (super year there!). I hope that they pick up McCloud.

Shout Factory might squeeze out the final season of Rhoda if their deal with Fox has been renewed. They might also finish Quincy (only seasons 7 and 8 are left).

CBS might, just might get the final two seasons of Dynasty out. I'd love for this one to be finished. Like The Mary Tyler Moore Show, getting Dynasty out has taken longer than the show was actually on the air.

Those are my predictions for next year. I'd usually predict a few long shots, but I wouldn't even know where to begin.

15. Richard V

Richard V Well-Known Member

Richard
    BD of Star Trek DS9

WB - The Dakotas, Bronco, The Alaskans, and FINALLY 77 Sunset Strip.

16. oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff Well-Known Member

James Beer
    Here's my predictions for 2014.Shout/TMG-Bachelor FatherLaramie (remastered S3-4)CrusaderMarkhamTGG-The EvergladesKing of DiamondsMiami UndercoverKlondike/AcapulcoMalibu Run/AquanautsMill Creek-The Farmer's DaughterBurns & Allen ShowEmpireWild Bill HicockCircus BoyRescue 8TightropeTallahassee 7000.

17. maskedmala

maskedmala Well-Known Member

Maurice
    oldtvshowbuff, there's about 50% of your list that I'm really interested in, Let's hope for the best

18. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Well-Known Member

Brian
    Ok, here are a few of my long shot predicitions. Maybe a couple of them will come true. Who knows? I didn't think that Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman would get completed and look what happened there. So, here goes.

Super long shots:

The Hot L Baltimore (I've been hoping for this one for years and years. Maybe 2014 will be the year this happens)
    Phyliss (I kind of hoped that Shout Factory would get this one, but until they work things out with Fox, not gonna happen)
    Angie (Come on CBS, this is only a two season show. Let's get it out and be done.)
    Lou Grant (This has been requested for years but since it's Fox, it won't happen until pigs fly.)
    Makin' It (CBS, another one season wonder. Yes, it's bad but I'd really like to see it again.)
    Nanny & The Professor (Fox again. Maybe, but really, really doubtful.)
    The Fantastic Journey (This one has also been requested for years. Maybe next year will be the year.)
    Salvage 1 (This one is looking better and better.)
    Get Christie Love (Another one season wonder that I would jump at the chance to own.)
    The Bob Newhart Show: Seasons 5-6 (I'd love for these to come out and finish the series, but once again it's Fox so probably no dice.)

Now for some stalled ones that someone might get a license for:

Sigmund and the Sea Monsters: Season 2
    One Day At A Time: Seasons 2-9 (Stalled practically since God was a child)
    Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home: Seasons 2 & 3 (Warner Archive might get this one out, but it hasn't looked good in the past. I keep hoping.)
    Love American Style: Seasons 2-5 (Rumoured to be an issue with the condition of the master tapes. Maybe CBS has fixed that issue by now.)
    The Muppet Show: Seasons 4-5 (Don't know why this one has been held up for so long, but hopefully next year it will make it out.)

Maybe there a couple of these will happen. It would be nice.

19. Kasey

Kasey Well-Known Member

Kasey
    Shout and MPI need to keep licensing product to stay in business, and it appears Shout is on track with Fox again. Perhaps we'll see the following:
    THE FLYING NUN S3
    ONE DAY AT A TIME (perhaps they will license only a couple seasons like they did with FACTS or DIFF'RENT STROKES...if they only gave us Seasons 2 & 3, I would be VERY happy--but there are music problems here)
    THE DONNA REED SHOW (Hopefully MPI can get Sony to let go of the later seasons for a reasonable price)
    RHODA and PHYLLIS (One season of the former and a complete series of the latter would be great)
    PEYTON PLACE (Rumour has it the first two sets sold well enough; let's hope more are on the way)

20. GMBurns

GMBurns Well-Known Member

Glenn
    I'm looking for VEI to follow through on bringing out seasons 2-4 of The Equalizer. The movie with Denzel Washington is due out in September 2014, so that should give them plenty of time to release the DVDs for maximum exposure.

And this is in no way a prediction, just a forlorn wish for 2014: that CBS will continue Cannon and Barnaby Jones.

cajunhillbilly and Ron1973 like this.