What's new

Pre-planning attic "bonus room" theater (1 Viewer)

Brian_D

Agent
Real Name
Brian
Looking good Josh. Your attic room is very similar to mine. One suggestion: you might want to run a line for the sub to the rear of the room just in case. When I did mine I just ran it to the front right corner where I wanted to sub to go. Only problem was that the sub didn't like that spot. My seating position was right in a null with it up there. Same thing for the front left corner. Wound up having to go back and run a line to the left rear corner to get the best sound from the sub.

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tip on the sub placement. Fortunately, with the room layout I have. I'm able to get around the outside walls, so if need be, I can get a line back there without too much trouble.

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
Been a while since my last update. Day one of the sheet rock hanging is done. Should be done with hanging and mudding/sanding by end of next week. Stairs and railing are up and are ready for carpet soon. We're gonna go ahead and redo the carpet downstairs also to match the steps instead of trying to go the other way. That'll slow down the upstairs work a bit but it will be worth having a living room back again soon.

I'm waiting on a couple of estimates on the carpet for both the theater and the rest of the carpeting. Should be ready for downstairs carpet by the time the sheetrock is finished.

I'm really itching to start on the screen and order the projector but I know that'll be the end of it if I do so I'm holding off to the very end.

Updated pics on my website.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
It's looking good!:emoji_thumbsup: Amazing what a little sheetrock can do to a room.

Boy, you sure do have the angles in there.:crazy:

Good luck,

David

JoshGivens

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, the area where they cut in the closet is really the only break in the roof line. Both of the angles are the same down the sides but there is one picture that makes the angle on the right toward the front look different than the rest of the room, but it's not.

As an update, the sheet rock is done. I've finished installing all of the outlets and switches, except for the X10 dimmers which are on the way. I've also got to order my IR repeater system for the component closet. I'm going tomorrow to double check the dimensions on the seating and also to get all of the paint we're going to need and get started with the painting hopefully next week.

I'll try to get some new pics on the site tonight or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks