1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

power surge protector

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by rockky3459, May 24, 2011.

1. rockky3459

rockky3459 Member

i need help i need to purchase a power surge protector for my home theater

should i get the monster mp hdp 1800 or should i get the panamax m4300-pm

any help would greatly appreciated

thanks

2. winniw

winniw Well-Known Member

3. Ottawa

Ottawa Member

I don't know if you've decided or purchased anything yet. But here's my 2 cents anyway. The APC mentioned above is on the right track, I would definitely purchase an APC...but not the one mentionned by Nick. 1 reason. Do you really plan to watch TV while the power is out? Then don't get a battery backup system. I decided to purchase a surge protector/line conditioner from APC myself. The APC AV G Type Power Filter (http://www.apc.com/products/apcav/products/index.cfm?action=detail&base_sku=G5BLK) is a great product. Surge protector and line conditioner. What more do you REALLY NEED?

4. winniw

winniw Well-Known Member

The APC H15 is not a battery back-up system.

5. rockky3459

rockky3459 Member

thanks guys i still hae not made my decision yet but i'm kind of thinking of getting the panamx or the apc av 15 amp g type rack power filter,120 v

not sure which one yet

thank you nick & kevin you both have been very helpful

6. rockky3459

rockky3459 Member

quick question on the panamax m4300-pm when hooking it up to my system and everything is plugged in is there anything i have to do ? pretty much let it do it's own thing i see no control's on it ,no settings ? i know this sounds a bit dumb but i'm new to the home theater thing i have a panasonic tcp50 vt25 3d plasma denon 2311 ci sony blu ray player 3d s770 toshiba hd a30 panamax m4300-pm thanks for your help