What's new

Potentially Positive News About Let's Scare Jessica To Death (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well, a trailer would've been nice. But at least we get the film in good shape, it seems. Comparisons to Carnival of Souls has me very excited! Anyway, this'll be the next film I buy. I might also get the cheesy and overly expensive zombie film The Children from Troma to watch as a double feature. These are 2 I've been wanting to see again for the longest time. I understand The Children doesn't look so good on DVD however. But what the hell! :D

I don't want to read too many reviews on it. I think it'll be much better to watch it cold. Well, not really cold since I saw it at the movies in the 70s and about 4 or 5 times on the late late horror show in the 70s. But there's only little bits I can remember. I think it'll be damn fun!! I truly can't wait. I'm hoping my area gets some crappy weather in early November. That's the weather I need for this.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
We've had very fall-like, overcast, foggy and damp weather in Berkeley lately. Will be perfect.

Anyone snag this early?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Are there any apartments available there? Here it's just sunny all over the place. :frowning: I might move.... ;)

I couldn't aford it for anything more than free. :frowning: I'll have to get mine in November. It's like #3 on my list after a couple of TV sets.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
mine shipped from DDD last Wed, but considering how slow they usually are, I'll be lucky to get it before this weekend.

hopefully I'll be able to squeeze just another few hours out of the bulb. I'm hoping to get a chance to see Jessica before I sell the projector in a week or so.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The DDD wait is hell. I always forget and order a week or so before I need them. Last time I did that I got them just in time!! :emoji_thumbsup: But the time before that...nope! :angry:

Are you going to replace it with something bigger? Anyway, I'd thought of getting a projector TV.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

I originally had an order in for a BenQ 8720, and it was supposed to get here tomorrow- but I was hearing bad things about the e-tailer (who actually advertisers here quite a bit) and decided to cancel the order (and going on two weeks now, they still haven't credited my cc back so it appears I was right to be wary of them).
as of now, its so close to CEDIA that I'll just wait and hope that the new models affect pricing on the older stuff even more.

Dave got a new Mits pj recently and he seems to be very happy with it- unfortunately the throw makes it a no-go for my set up, otherwise it seems to be a good economical choice.

I got my first pj back in 2001 and there is just no going back for me. seeing the dust particles dance in a beam of light over your head and light up a big screen before you...just changes the entire vibe of the experience.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Tell me you purposely make your floors sticky!
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

I need to see these demonstated somewhere.

Claude North

Second Unit
Anyone know why DVDPlanet.com is not carrying this title? I know that I can get it elsewhere, but it seems strange that they wouldn't carry a title released by a major studio and I am rather curious about it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Beautiful shots. :emoji_thumbsup: There's a similar bridge not far from me in Savannah GA. It's not close enough for me to get a picture though.

You can actually see their asses freezing up in that second shot! :D I can't wait for cooler temps here. If for no other reason than I can turn off my leaky AC.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Holy shit! That transfer look beyond the expected "acceptable". This is going to be a funky experience seeing this again. I think every kid at school felt this was the scariest movie they'd ever seen at the time. When it played on the late show in the 80s, a lot of kids would talk about it at school the next day. I don't even remember what this was rated.

I think I'll have the same experience I had with The Little Girl that Lives Down the Lane last year. A revisitation that'll be memoriable. I can't wait!

Alan-A

Grip
Hey Dave - I got it yesterday at BB here in NYC for $9.99 but they had it misfiled in the Sci-Fi section -- typical!! Allbest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks