What's new

Post Pics of your Car setup (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Thought it'd be interesting to see some of your car setups.
Here's a link to mine. Other than the stereo, the only mod I did was taking off the "Outback Sport" stickers that are on the side, I thought they made the car look cheap.
http://www24.brinkster.com/cardiffgiant/impreza.html
2004 Subaru Impreza Outback 5 speed
JVC LH-2000 MP3/CD Player
Polk EX365 6.5" coaxials(front doors, behind stock grilles)
Pioneer 4" coaxials (rear doors behind stock grilles)
Kenwood Woox mini powered sub
I plan on matting the front doors.
I had a more expensive system in my old car(Aura amp powering an Orion 10" sealed box sub) but it was almost too loud and I didn't like the fact that it took up alot of cargo space and forced me to rely on the cargo shade to hide the install. The woox is pretty loud(especially since it's mere inches from my ears) and as you can see in the pics, is virtually unnoticeable with the seat back. The Polk speakers are simply awesome. They blow away the JBLs I had in my old car. I run the EQ on my reciever on Flat and the Polks sound amazing at all volumes. My system definately won't be winning any competitions but it sounds great to me and was under $700 total.
I've got a new shift knob on order(the stock one is just plastic/pleather) that's from the newly resdesigned Legacy so that'll be the only other mod I'll make. Anyhow comments are appreciated. Post you're car too, I'm interested in seeing some of the crazy setups you guys have.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Love to when I'm done, but that won't be until next summer. I'm just running a sub,amp, and crossover now. The front speaker may get replaced, or I may just amplify them.

I think I'll get myself a Tempest and new amplifier too.

B

2002 Yellow Ford Ranger Supercab 4x4

Pioneer 7400MP (CD/MP3)
JL XR 5x7 (coax w/ crossovers in center console)
JL 8w3's Subs (8" sealed in custom boxes)
Alpine T200 (90x2)
Alpine M350 (700x1)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Wow that's really nice work. I assume the jump seats clear the subs? It looks kinda weird in the picture but I'm thinking that might just be because no one is sitting in them. Either way that's a very clean install :emoji_thumbsup:

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Very nice guys. I guess more of us are into clean over outragous.

Justin, why put the crossovers in the cubby?

B

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, good spot for that sub. Get as much of that in the cabin as you can - I bet it sounds pretty decent too.

Justin, like the boxes. Functional and fairly stealthy too, unless you knew what you were looking for / at. But why the crossovers in the console? I'd want those out of the way and out of sight, if at all possible.

I'll have pics of the old system in the new car as soon as I get around to putting it in. I spend too much time installing other people's stereos to want to come home and do mine. :)

I put the crossovers in the cubby so they are out of the way and hidden. There is a cover that folds down and then the armrest folds over that. You can see the armrest in the other pics ... kinda. The pictures are decieving. The cubby is really big inside and is in three sections. The crossovers are under the front part. After that theres a section for cds in the middle, and then another empty spot behind that.

Heres my Civic that I just sold 2 weeks ago.

Pioneer 7400MP
Diamond Audio M6 6.5" Components
Eclipse Aluminum 12"
Kicker 150.2 (75x2)
Kicker 400.1 (800x1)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Kurt,
I was amazed as anyone when I hooked up the woox and heard it play some of the music I'm familar with. It doesn't go quite as low as the single 10" in my old car but it goes pretty low and can get pretty loud without sounding boomy. I'd say it's probably comparable to what a single 8" might sound like in the hatch area. I wanted a bit of bass without eating up any cargo space(any preferably being stealthy) and it came down to either the woox or fabing some kind of fiberglass spare tire insert. Ultimately I didn't want to do the fiberglass myself and I had a feeling it would cost way more than I was looking to spend. the woox works very well for my situation.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Sean,
I think that's the first hooked up Festiva I've ever seen :D Was that a project car or something along those lines(or did you do the install for someone). I'd imagine the rattles from the woofers must have bee insane ;)

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
Actually that was my Festiva, it was something of a project, it didn't rattle at al (come on, I am a professional :P ) and it was an IASCA Pro circuit car that won just about every event I entered. The biggest pain in that car was fitting the 150A Lestek alternator into the engine compartment. I had to drop the front suspension to fit the casing in, and when I finally took everything out, I jsut took the alternator casing apart inside the car, and dropped it out in two halves.. haha
The box was 4.38cu ft, 4" ID ports, tuned to 34Hz, and with the parametric EQ, I could hit over 150dB with a perfect C-weighted curve. The wonders of a really small car (small airspace) for SPL without tremendous amounts of power or driver Xmax/surface area. :)
I loved that little car, really, even if it was a Ford (read: rebadged KIA) until a woman with no lights on in a dark station wagon T-boned the car on a rainy night going about 45MPH. Pretty much folded the car in half.. but I'd like to note, the stereo still worked! hehehe

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. Some really nice looking stuff. Sean, I really dug the door panels in the Honda. I'm into the stock look. Great place for the sub on that Tahoe too - that impressed me.

I currently have my play / race car, a 1991 Eagle Talon AWD apart and am in the process of fabbing up some stuff for it.
I'm taking pictures as I go, and I'll probably resurrect this thread in a month or two with pictures when I'm finished. Keeping everything in the stock place, hiding an amp and a 10" woofer in the hatch (which, if anyone's seen a 1g DSM AWD hatch knows that to be damn near impossible), all while keeping enough space for a set of golf clubs and keeping the weight down.

It's slow going, as I'm mixing the go-fast stuff with the sound good stuff, and trying to keep as much money in the bank as possible...

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
heck yeah, post links when you've got it going.
I know what ya mean on tight spaces. I did my best friend's 86 Fiero GT for him back in 1996, as a favor to him. I told him what to buy, and I put it in. I ended up putting boston pro 5.25" separates in the factory spots in the dash, and compensating for the 90deg phase shift off the windshield.
I put Infinity Kappa 4x6 plates in the rear pillar spots, Alpine 7903 CD player in the dash with a Sony XE-90 Mk II EQ under it. 4AWG power distribution, Alpine alarm system, 4 8" JL subs (2 behind each seat in sealed boxes), a Coustic XM-3 for a crossover, Orion 280GX for the subs, and a 75W x 4 amp for the mids/highs (I forgot who made that amp off hand)
The sub boxes sat at the small of your back, and left the rest behind the seats free for storage, and everything in the trunk was under a false floor panel to allow for storage as well.
I really wish I'd had pics of that one.. I thought I did but I can't find any. That car was a blast.
(same owner of that one as the blue accord on my site)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Interesting setup Leif. I'd be afraid the speakers would get damages in the kick panles though. Are those small subs in the door pockets? Nice looking setup for sure!

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Those are 6.5" Image Dynamics IDQ midbasses in the doors. Was going to try and do an AP enclosure for them, but not enough space, so IB they remain.

I just educate my passengers about the kickpanels. Even with the snow we've had recently, I've had no problems. Just gotta be a little careful.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Hey Sean .. did you say you used a Sony XE-90 Mk II EQ in that Fiero system??? Shame on you:D

B

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks