What's new

POST EVENT Roundup - ScooterPaooza 2003: Scoot Almighty (1 Viewer)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Scooter, FYI.
Your link to the scrapbook goes to last year's event.
You need to change the "4" to a "5" (i.e. scooter5) in your url.

Doug

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Actually Ron does the webpages....I am sure he will see this and fix accordingly.

Ok..last call for volunteers!!! I would like to do Oct. 18th...but I DO need some assistance.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Ok...here's the deal regards Oct. 18th.

Thus far I have haven't had anyone come forward to help with things I am simply no good at. The ScooterPalooza's are impossible to pull off without the help I get, most notably from Ron. So...

I am creating a deadline of 10/24 for offers or I will, regretably, have to cancel plans for Oct, So....

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I volunteer to collect donations for the port a potties, as that can be handled via snail mail.

I cannot, however, handle the email coordination of guests and food to be brought due to the.... agressive.... monitoring of my mail by my employers and I dont use a private mail box since we're physically prevented from accessing them at work.

Scoot, shoot me an email at [email protected] to discuss the 'poop situation'.

Sam

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Ok..got 2 helpers...one on the Can Campaign and another on the food list.

What is NOW needed most is someone to handle the RSVP's. Once that's in place..I'll start accepting attendees.

SOOOOOOOOOOO......close!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've volunteered to do the email coordination, even though I have no idea what is involved. I just emailed Ron but I think he is in California.... I gather I will collect email from attendees of the event and coordinate who and how many are showing. I will be on vacation from Oct 3rd to most likely around the 10th or 11th (on a bike tour to Great Barrington, MA) without access to the internet but I'll try my best to coordinate everything before then and immediately once I return.

Perhaps if you can email me at [email protected] and let me know the following:

1)how many are attending
2)email address (if different from the account you send it from)
3)phone number or contact information at the place you are staying at (just in case for emergencies)
4) Food item to be brought (if you know it already)

I guess #3 and #4 are optional, but might be handy for Scooter to know who is bringing what and a point of contact for say weather emergencies or the like.

Please use the above link or put "SCOOTERPALOOZA" in the subject line so I can create a filter in my email client

Since I am learning as I go, I may send a mass mailing to those that email me for more information or for other data once I get a response from Ron or somebody who has done this before, but I wanted to start early because I am going to be away come Oct 3rd which will arrive sooner than you think.

Jay

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Scoot, please shoot me a mail, I dont have your address. If you have a local port a potty company in mind I will get a few quotes and can begin accepting donations towards that target. If you have no preference I will contact a few via web yellow pages.

Sam

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Repost from that thread:

--
OK, I am now taking donations in advance for a portable toilet. Total cost is $200 or less, I am fronting the cost and am accepting donations via check or money order (please dont send cash) at:

Sam Posten
38 Powell Ave
Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716

Please feel free to donate as much or as little as you like. If we dont get enough to cover it beforehand I will either just donate the difference myself or pass the hat at the event.

In the unlikely event that there is too much cash donated, the funds with be used to either:

Buy millwaukees best for the event
Buy prizes for the event
Send Scooter to Bermuda

Thanks for your support, cant wait to see ya all there!

Sam

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Well...time to wrap up this thread and linger in the memory of that August day.

Again..thank you to The Lovely Michelle...Morgan and Greg...Ron...Parker...Micheal Lee...and all the wonderful and generous sponsors who made this day the fabulous day that it was. Special thanks to God for keeping the rain away. Truth be told..if you were to see the weather radar maps that day...it was as if the storm split in half over Budd Lake keeping things nice for those attending. Perhaps a nod from THAT Almighty to this one! ;)

To those who attended...what a GREAT group of people you are!!!! The company..the conversation was special!

I encourage everyone on HTF to support and patronize the sponsors of ScooterPalooza and let them know you are buying thier product from their support of HTF. Look for Poppin' Glows soon in your local supermarkets..they are getting ready to go national..and for Elite DVD to be in your local WalMart. The Sign Connection will soon have a line of custom HT signage that I will be consulting on. Keep your eyes out for a future announcement.

So..on behalf of myself and my loved ones..here's to you, HTF members, and as things look for RIGHT now...a ScooterPalooza 2004 is a real possibility.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Scooter, any idea on a date yet? I will volunteer to do the email list again, I've already set up the world's simplest MS Word table to tabulate the info so I'm already setup...

Had a great bike trip to massachusetts but now I am back!

Jay

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
So Who down South is gonna get something like this started?

I hate having to read about Scooterpalooza every year *jealous*

Users who are viewing this thread