What's new

POST EVENT Roundup - ScooterPaooza 2003: Scoot Almighty (1 Viewer)

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like you guys had a great time. i wish I could have joined, but unfortunatley I was back home in Sweden for a few weeks in August. It would have been nice to meet the old gang from previous Scooter partys. Now I am hoping for part 2.

Ron Birk

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Nathan, don't you feel a long incubation illness coming on? Say incubate about the time October 18th hits? :)

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
I wasn't there..but guessing isn't wrong. I say X2 was one of the films in question.... read a few reviews from sites that received copies.

DarrinH

Second Unit
Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Wrong!

Scooters events are definitely worth an eight hour drive.
Especially since there are like no serious HT enthusiasts here.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Darrin: The Lovely Michelle and I will be in Berkely Springs later this month...so if you have any suggestions for while we are there...lemme know.

Ok..here is how Oct. 18th can work:

Our fearless leader Ron has a VERY full plate with upcoming forum activities as well as the day to day stuff here. Thus I need a coupla volunteers to do stuff Ron handled.

I am not adept at bulk emailing...and I think Verizon will gimme crap if I try it...thus I need someone to handle the RSVP's and all as well as help coordinate food. An idea I had was to assign food as opposed to seeing what was being offered.

Also..I am testing the waters for small donations to pay for a coupla Port-O-Potties. I tried to get a portable toilet company to sponsor us..but they don't see a BIG future in Home Theater! Thus...gotta fork over CASH!!!!

I am going to try to get a couple of sponsors on board so we'll see how that goes. And do my best to round up another "exclusive"!!!!

So...volunteers...feel free to post here or email me.

Let's get this ball rolling....

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
As I should try to get to at least one of your events, I'll gladly bring something that I can bike there with.. Which means that bringing raw eggs would be a problem... a 10 ton ice sculpture of a swan would be a problem, etc. etc...

Is there a list for bike-able stuff? :) I can't drag a portopoty either. :D

Jay

P.S. Would I be able to camp out in your yard? Rather than bike home the same night, I figure the activities will run late, I'd just camp out and start home the next day.. I can then help clean up too.

DarrinH

Second Unit
I have got to tell you I do not think there is much there.
http://www.cacaponresort.com/
This state park is about all I know of.
It is a small town.
I would look at the Martinsburg area also if I were you.
More wide open rolling country with outlet malls and a little bigger.
I have not been to Berkeley Springs in a long time.

http://www.berkeleysprings.com/NewImages/bsmap.pdf

http://www.berkeleysprings.com/trail/tour13.php

Stay at a bed and breakfast.
http://www.twelveoaksestate.com/rates.html

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Jay...should be ok. Weather being the determining factor..but I can loan you an umbrella! ;)

Darrin: THANKS for the info!!!! We are headed that way in 2 weeks.

Still seeking volunteers!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Thanks, but I'll have a tent and a sleeping bag, no need for an umbrella!

What's involved with handling the RSVPs or the food?

Jay

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
There's something weird and funny about going to sleep and knowing there's a stranger camping in my backyard. :laugh:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Andres, I could bring my black bear costume and terrorize the neighbors and topple over garbage cans...oh wait, I'd probably get shot... nevermind.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
If it rains or is TOOOOOO cold....I might let you inside!!!! ;) As for food..yet to be determined. BTW...where in N.J. are you...transport might be available.

Still needing volunteers..........

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Wow, I can't believe it took me THIS long to make a post in this thread!

I'm very heartbroken I couldn't make it to this year's event -- believe me, it was a difficult decision: My sister and her three kids across the country in Oregon, which I only get to see once a year (if that), or Scooterpalooza, which I only get to go to once a year (if that). My biological family won out over my virtual family, this time. O, to not have to make such an angst-ridden decision ever again in my life! :) Seriously, though, I had a great time visiting my sister, camping on Orcas Island in the Puget Sound, watching my 5-year-old nephew Anakin compete in BMX dirtbike racing, seeing my 20-month-old nephew Ronin walking and starting to say some words, going to a Science Center and the University district of Seattle, and meeting new friends...I had a blast, and got great pics (on a brand new digital camera) to boot!

But I sincerely missed the good times I've had the past 3 years at Scooter's, with the HTF folk and especially the hospititality of Scooter and his family. And I miss those pretzels of Scott's and the vegeterian version of Ron's ziti, and that incredible-quality Milwaukee's Best to wash it down! ...Ok, and of course I'm a bit jealous and curious about the hush-hush-mush-mush Film Title X y'all got to enjoy, on apparently even higher quality equipment than last year's!

So count me as one who is salivating at the potential for a Scootalypse Redux in October! I'll be more than happy to bring some of my enchilada casserole I've done for the past couple of years. Here's hoping for a wonderful October Surprise! :)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I am from Bloomingdale (western Passaic Cty, not the one down in Salem or Cumberland CTY (I know when I mapquest my town I have found there's another Bloomingdale down south). But transportation is not a problem, I do have a car, if it's torrential downpour, I'll simply drive, but I always like to bike to different places (for the most part, I go north and west but haven't gone south and west that often) I just avoid going south and east which is towards NYC and where all the traffic is.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks