What's new

Possible sequel to Clint Eastwood's "Firefox" (1 Viewer)

Beau

Supporting Actor
If anyone remembers the 1982 movie "Firefox", where Clint Eastwood is smuggled into the Soviet Union to steal a new technological warplane, than you may or may not know that Craig Thomas, the author of the novel of which the movie was based, worte a sequel called "Firefox Down", published a year after the movie came out. After seeing "Firefox" several years ago, I searched down a copy of the book and the sequel (there's also 2 other novels with Clint Eastwood's character, Mitchell Gant, but don't have to do with the Firefox). I've since read nearly all of the guy's books, and always wished that "Firefox Down" or any of his other books would be adapted for the screen.

And just today the only Craig Thomas fan-site I know of reported that a couple guys from a production company are looking into buying the rights to the book. Here's the link: http://uk.geocities.com/hindgunship/index.html I've been going crazy since I read this. There's no movie I would want to get made more than this, and maybe it could lead to the other novels to get made. "Snow Falcon", my favorite Craig Thomas book, would be my first pick for a movie, and also, if they could do it right, "The Bear's Tears" would make a GREAT movie.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Beau, You must think for it in Russian. :)

Just curious, what is "Firefox Down" about?

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
it's been a long time since I read it, but I believe it starts with Firefox force-landing (soft crash) or running out of fuel.

Beau

Supporting Actor
It picks up the story the moment the first one ended. It turns out that the debris from the second Firefox damaged Gant's plane and is losing fuel fast, and after running into a couple other Russian jets he crash lands on a frozen lake in Finland where it immediatly sinks under. And that's just the beginning.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I remember seeing this in the theater and always liked this movie.

I had a friend who read the books and had told me that way back in the mid 80s, that the plane sank in a lake in the book version.

There was also talk of a sequel back in the late 80s, but it never happened.

I should pick up this DVD.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I always thought the movie was a forgetable turd...one of Clint's more embarrassing "I need a paycheck" movies.

I think any sequel will fail.

:thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks