What's new

Possible new release for THE GAME ? (1 Viewer)

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I've had the R2 special edition since its release last year, and I've got to say that I was relatively disappointed with the extras.

I'd been looking forward to this for years - I even remember trying to buy the Criterion laserdisc when it came out, but couldn't find it anywhere; even Ken Crane's had sold out!

For me, the commentary was the only worthwhile piece. The 'alternate ending' was a total non-event, and the b-roll footage wasn't massively inspiring either.

My only hope is that, one day, Criterion will revisit this on DVD (or maybe HD), and will create a whole load of new extras for it.

As it's now the film's 10-year anniversary, it would be a good time surely?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
david pryor, were are you.

add me to the list of those waiting for a proper release.
since it doesnt look like a reg 1 coming anytime soon, maybe i'll just rent the old dvd and watch it.

ErichH

Screenwriter
Interesting - this one from Finch, another 2 of Cameron's and even a few of Ridley Scott's titles still not updated.

Perhaps a few are on the block for HD with no plans for any further SD release. At least we finally get the final Blade Runner this year.

E

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks