What's new

Possible For Sale Speakers and Seperates (1 Viewer)

KirkMango

Auditioning
Real Name
Kirk Mango
I am considering selling my much loved home theatre. May want to upgrade someday but right now, need $$$$ for other home projects. The original systme ran for around $17,000.00. However, the projection TV is one of those old big Sony boxes, which I couldn't sell now and ran around $3300.00 when new. That brings the price of the sound system to around $14,000.00 original pricing (but that included wiring and installation. Anyway, here is what I am looking to sell and would like to know if anyone can direct me to where I can get legitimate, fair pricing for these components.
7.1 System:
B&K Ref 30 - updated with most recent software that was available
Ref 30 Remote
B&K Ref 2220
B&K Ref 7250
Sony SACD/DVD Player S/9000ES
Mirage OM5 fronts
Mirage OMC2 center
MIrage OMR2 surrounds
Rel Storm III Sub-Bass System
60" Sony XBR 300 Projection TV
Ok, I think that is it. Can anyone tell me fair market value for these components?

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I had that Sony player as well but now have the Oppo 95.

I find it is easier to donate the equipment to charity and get a receipt and you can claim an exaggerated value that helps you get a decent return at tax time. Otherwise, you won't get very much for those. For example, that Sony DVD player was like 1000 dollars when it came out. You'd be lucky to get 200 for it now as it is outdated, the SACD is only stereo, etc (actually on eBay they have them from 9.99 to 224). B&K (I have the AVR 500 I think it is) are excellent but they are out of business and their tech out of date. So people will see that and not offer as much as it may actually be worth performance wise.

Just an alternative suggestion to consider to put more money in your pocket.

KirkMango

Auditioning
Real Name
Kirk Mango
Hmmm, yes I see that with the DVD player, and had no idea B&K was out of business. Wow!!! Anyway, still would like to get what I can for what I have, as well as the speakers are still worth something as their technology has not been surpased in its price range. In fact, I don't think Mirage has speakers out today that can match the performance of what I have here.

Anyone else???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks