1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Possibility of Libraries never released on disc for sale in Digital and Digital HD

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Towergrove, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Towergrove

Towergrove Well-Known Member

Keith Feldman, President International Home Entertainment says:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/home-cinema/fox-we-want-digital-hd-to-be-the-new-blu-ray--1189686

2. Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann Well-Known Member

Edmund Lachmann
    I'd probably change my old-fashioned mind about downloading if one could legally and easily burn a BD disc of what one paid for. So far with all devices but the Tivos (and I've heard that with it, too, this is a big hassle) I'm pretty sure you can't. The Warner pay site, for one, has hi-def material that I'd kill to own. Plus, as a historical epic fan, I don't think I'll ever see most beloved films available on official pressed blu-rays. Will this DHD system allow the customer to burn the material to a home-made BD disc? And, will the DHD material be up to pressed blu-ray quality?

3. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

Assuming this was after the increased home saturation of Blu-ray burners, of course.
    And even then, I wouldn't trust my own device as much as the most rudimentary professional disk mastering of an in-house MOD, rather than download 9-12G of file.

I like the idea of rare Archive titles being available on the usual Digital suspects (Netflix, Vudu, etc.) for the curious, but still with an avenue to keep a respectable hard copy for that rare cult favorite.
    And while I haven't been able to get into Warner Instant Archive--no PS3 app--it would be nice if other studios at least used the other available options, rather than sink on their own and blame the public.

4. Patrick Donahue

Patrick Donahue Well-Known Member

Patrick Donahue
    My biggest want is for Fox's film noirs to come out on UV, so I'm glad to see Fox feel this way. I dont understand the new DigitalHD branding though. DHD... UV... pick one and go with it!

5. Towergrove

Towergrove Well-Known Member

Yes very confusing...

6. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Maybe they branding so 4K sits on top.