What's new

Poseidon sounds AWESOME!!! (1 Viewer)

If you have 90 minutes to waste go rent Poseidon and crank it up...none stop explosions with awesome surround sound effects. Defiantly gave my pb12 a work out, even the wife said holy crap and trust me she wasn’t even impressed with U-571!!!

It was about a 6-7 out of 10 lots of action/suspense but there were some lame moments. If it wasn’t for the sound track I probably wouldn’t watch it again

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Netflix just brought my Poseiden the other day....I guess I'll have to watch it when I can crank it up if the sound is that good :)

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Thanks for the heads-up! I've read that the story is so-so, but the soundtrack, LFE and surrounds are impressive!

I'll wait to hear & feel (SVS) it in Dolby Digital Plus (hopefully Warner will also release the lossless TrueHD 5.1 soundtrack like they did w/"The Phantom of the Opera" - which by the way sounds GLORIOUS!!! :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: ) when I rent the HD DVD after it is released on December 5th.

Phil

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I'm with you there, Phil....my Outlaw pre/pro is just dying to get that high rez audio going through the 5.1 analog inputs :) I was really afraid I was going to have to upgrade it to something with HDMI, so I'm glad that's not the case. It's an outdated unit, but I love it for HT....does everything I ask it to do :)

I really enjoyed Phantom on SD DVD, so I can only imagine how amazing it is in HD with the high rez audio....can't wait!

timZa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
I was not impressed with the bass in this movie. i still have some tweaking to do though. i had my sub a week. best bass so far Star Wars Attack of the clones2 and Jurassic park 3. i like movies with lots of bass thru out the movie. it sucks to rent a movie for the bass and there is a whole 10 sec of good bass.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I think I have to agree with Tim....I can't say I was particularly blown away by the audio. I re-watched a couple of scenes in Poseiden and then put in Saving Private Ryan DTS (my reference for audio), and it was just too much difference for me to be that excited about Poseiden. Just my take, though....

I did think Emmy Rossum was amazingly hot, though :D

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
The original "The Poseiden Adventure" is a better movie.

And that ain't sayin' much for the new one.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
I wasn't impressed with the sound on this movie, I found the bass just OK, but nothing impressive and the movie was pretty front heavy not a lot of surround action.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
TRINITY AND BEYOND™ (The Atomic Bomb Movie)

Active surrounds + lots of bass (even the company's logo sequence shakes things) + William Shatner narrating = great demo material.

But if you're like most people, after viewing this visually-arresting documentary you'll feel really bummed out and thinking wtf did we invent. :frowning:

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I thought the sound was good, nothing in comparison to Episode III opening scene, but good. I liked the edge of my seat action and thrills. The CGI was also top notch. The opening scene to the ship is almost entirely CGI aside from certain actors, but there is no real ship, flags in the background, no wooden stair that he runs up, it is all CGI. Just my take.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks