What's new

Portable Satellite Radio (1 Viewer)

Al_S

Second Unit
Are there any good portable satellite radio's on the market? I was thinking of getting one for x-mas. I spend a lot of time on the Metra train here in Chicago commuting to and from work. Will it work on the train that is above ground. I like to listen to hard rock and some jazz.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
the only way to go for you would be one of the XM2Go units (the MyFi, Tao, or Pioneer Airware) they are all essentially the same unit with a different case. They are about the size of a full-sized iPod.

Reception on the train would probably be limited unless there are a lot of repeaters in your area. In a big city like Chicago that is pretty likely, and even if you have uneven coverage, you can store several hours of programming on the unit and play it back when you have dead spots.

I am unsure the status of the Sirius ReGo which basically can tune and record satellite radio when docked, and play it back portably. It can not tune in "live" when out of the dock - the XM units I mentioned can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks