1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Polk XRT12 and My Microwave Oven

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by LewB, Apr 10, 2005.

1. LewB

LewB Well-Known Member

I've noticed something and am in search of knowledge.
    I recently purchased the Polk XRT12 and love it ! The other day, I had it on and was nuking something in the oven. I realized that he signal on the XM was cutting in and out. The signal strength meter was bouncing from it's typical 3 bars down to 2, then 1. Once the microwave shut down, the XM returned to normal. The oven is a good 15 feet away from my radio/antenna. Do I have a 'leakage' problem with my mic (it's pretty old) ? Or is this one of those things ?

2. Joey Skinner

Joey Skinner Well-Known Member

If your microwave is leaking the least of your problems is the XM reception [​IMG]. Of all the ways to test your microwave the cheapest is probably to just get a new one. Or maybe try your receiver next to another microwave and see if it acts the same.

3. Aaron Smithski

Aaron Smithski Well-Known Member

Lew, I believe it's 'one of those things'. [​IMG]

I have my Sirius set up with the Xact unit 4' feet away, and the antenna indoors at about 15' away from the microwave; I get the same interference as you. Our microwave is 3 years old. I have used it at another house and experienced the same interruption when the microwave is turned on.

Hopefully the microwaves interrupting the Sirius signal are not also baking my brain... [​IMG]