What's new

Polk Vs Klipsch -Help pls? (1 Viewer)

srisu

Auditioning
Real Name
Sriram, Suma
Any recommendation on one of these: Polk - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290272 Klipsch - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882780082

Salamander

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Making recommendations on speakers is like making recommendations on cars or furniture in the same price range. It's very subjective. You are much better off trying to listen to these somewhere yourself before taking a recommendation from someone else. Both companies make great speakers it's just a question of what you like the sound of better. Klipsch tend to sound more like you are at an amplified concert and I suppose Polk is closer to a live acoustic performance. Klipsch are great if you don't have a powerful amp because they tend to be more efficient too.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I can't believe anybody still has Klipsch Icon in a box still. How long have those been "bargain dumpster bin clearance"? 5 years? Anyway...picking speaker, like alluded to, is best done by your ears. The Icon line by Klipsch is absolutely gorgeous. Doesn't matter if you don't like how they sound.

srisu

Auditioning
Real Name
Sriram, Suma
This particular model is 12 years old.. Any idea which will be best suited for classical music?

Salamander

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Again speakers are subjective. I personally think that Polk sounds better for most classical. Klipsch will sound better for the horn section but not as good for the rest of the orchestra. Like I stated earlier Klipsch is more like an amplified concert (like a rock concert) and Polk is closer to acoustic concerts (like classical).

srisu

Auditioning
Real Name
Sriram, Suma
Thanks Jim ! I agree it is subjective ! The reason I am repeatedly asking is because we are confused . Yday we tried out a Polk and a Klipsch speaker in Best buy. While I look Klipsch my husband likes Polk because he favors crisp and clarity to loud sound . He likes classical and I like fusion music with lot of bass. Does it make sense to buy one in each ? One of Polk and one of Klipsch -?

Salamander

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
When you say one of each I'm assuming you mean one set of each? If you are that is an option. If the only thing you aren't happy about on the Polk is the bass maybe you should invest in a really nice sub instead of a second set of speakers? Or maybe a nicer pair of Polks will produce more bass also. The other thing I have realized when I used to sell speakers is that you tend to get much more bass once you take the speakers home than you will hear in the showroom. The other option would be to shop around some more. Go to a local audio shop and see what they offer too. Don't limit yourself to Klipcsh and Polk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks