What's new

Polk RTi70 $300 pair for floor model...worth it? (1 Viewer)

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
I was just at Circuit City, and they had only the floor models of the Polk RTi70 Black speakers for $149 each. From a lot of the comments on this forum, these seem to be well regarded speakers. Any problems with buying floor models? Does CC still have the same return policy on demos?

I recently posted a thread for upgrading my front left and right channels, and it seems this could be a good start. Any comments?

Steve

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
At that price I'd grab those babies before somebody else does!!! No problem buying floor models, just inspect them carefully. Take the grills off and make sure the woofers and tweeters are OK, nobody has pushed in the dustcap. Have the salesperson hook them up and listen to 'em. Make sure they sound OK to you. The RTi70's are well respected among Polk fans and will be an excellent front set-up. Sorry, I don't know what the return policy or upgrade/trade in policy is on demos, but make sure you ask. See if the have the instruction manual too. If they don't no big deal, you can always download one from Polk's website. You will be covered by Polk's 5 year warranty by registering them on their site too.
Now go get 'em!!

Kenshiro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken
I own a pair of RTi70's as my main left and right channels. They've performed very well for me, producing a sweet, naturalistic sound for both 5.1 surround tracks and 2-channel music.

At $300 they're a steal. I think I paid $800 for my pair new. Just make sure you audition them in-store to avoid any serious problems like a blown driver or tweeter.

As for Circuit City's return policy I have no idea. They might have a good one, just not on an open-box item, which this sounds like it is. Question the sales rep the next time you're in there.

BTW, what are you going to use to power them?

Steven Larson

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everyone! I went back to CC tonight, and luckily they were still there. I listened to them, removed the grills to check to be sure nothing was damaged, then asked about the price. Well I ended up getting them for $250 for the pair!

Pretty sweet deal!!

Now I just have to hook them up and check them out.....I can't wait!!

Steve

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,
Congrats on getting a SWEET deal!
As far as a center goes get a CSi40, you'll be glad you did. Take a look at ebay, they do show up now and then.

DaveJo

Auditioning
That is a great deal. I saw a set of Polk R50's at the local CC for $149 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks