1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Polk Monitor Speakers: Good or Bad

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Ike_Haynes, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Ike_Haynes

Ike_Haynes Member

Hey,
    I just wanted some feedback on the Polk monitor speakers. If you think they are any good or not. I was interested on getting the :
    Monitor 50 Towers
    CS1 Center
    & Monitor 30 Surrounds.
    The reciever i was going to use was going to be a HK AVR235. The reason I choose this set-up is cuase i like the size of the Monitor speakers. And I get em at a really good price. But if they are crappy speakers then i can just turn around and get some Infinity Sats. I just wanted to know what you all think, since I consider you guys experts.

2. eddieZEN

eddieZEN Well-Known Member

3. Tingwe

Tingwe Well-Known Member

hey if they sound good to you, they must be good

4. Jackson L

Jackson L Well-Known Member

I have a CS-1 center and it sounds excellent. It has a rich sound with crisp higs. I highly recommend it.

5. Hollis

Hollis Member

Hey Ike,

I have the Polk Monitor 50s Front L/R CS1 Center,
    Monitor 30s on side, and Monitor 40s in rear. They are entry level, but in no way are they crap. I am loving it.

Would not go with a Polk sub though.

6. Ike_Haynes

Ike_Haynes Member

Hey guys thanks for the info. Now I feel better about buying the speakers.

7. Jackson L

Jackson L Well-Known Member

May I ask why? There seems to be a negative energy against Polk subs around here. Personally I think their entry level subs are great. I have a PSW-202 and I don't think you can buy a better sub for $99 (on sale). I listened around for a month and didn't hear anything better than the Polk in my price range. It has deep tight bass and isn't boomy and doesn't distort.

8. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Well-Known Member

Jackson L writes:

If it sounds good to you, that is all that matters. And for $99.00, you can't complain. At higher prices, you can bet more bang (boom?) for your buck with any of the internet company subs or DIY.

I'm currently building one. I have limited carpentry skills and am finding this much easier than I expected.

9. Ike_Haynes

Ike_Haynes Member

If thats the case. Then what about Infinity Subs. Cause thats my only other option as far as speakers go. Are their subs any good?

10. greg baker

greg baker Well-Known Member

Ike,

Don't worry about having a sub that "matches" your speakers. Bass in not directional and you don't have to worry about timbre matching. If you will put out your budget for a subwoofer you will get alot of good recommendations. I like Polk speakers. I have listened to RTI's but I have not heard the monitor series.