What's new

Polk Audio Atrium 45 (1 Viewer)

Considering picking these up for my deck. Anyone have any experience with these? Not really looking for a higher end alternative, just opinions on these particular speakers as they're on sale, look great and seem to fit the specs I need.

Clay Harvey

Auditioning
I installed a set outside my last home and loved them. Great size and crisp clean sound from an outdoor speaker. Just wondering, where are they onsale at? I need to get a pair for the new house.

Dean Arizona

Agent
This is a terrific little speaker and it performs precisely as advertised. In fact, they have a devoted following and you may want to go the Polk forums site for more details. I live in the Phoenix area and I installed them on my patio. Yesterday, I spent the afternoon listening to them while working in my yard. They have a very pleasant, neutral sound when driven by a decent upstream source (mine are connected to the B posts of an old Sony ES receiver in my upstairs bedroom system). They easily tolerate the extremes of 110 degrees in the summer and near freezing in the winter. The local Frys puts them on sale periodically for $99 a pair so you might want to keep an eye pealed for this price point. Overall, these speakers are a good choice for non-critical listening while you are flipping burgers on the grill.

Glad to hear this, although I picked them up before getting your input. Futureshop had them on for nearly half price. I had them mounted, but just before I was set to fire them up, I decided a new speaker wire run was overdue as well, so I spent Saturday morning doing that. Weather in Nova Scotia has been crap and hasn't afforded me time to critique them yet. They do work but that's about all I can say at this point. Tomorrow promises to be an excellent day weather wise. Should be able to check them out after work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks